Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Costa championship on Cumberland

Anyone been yet, are there tackle vendors set-up to sell - if so any bargains?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Member
    Haven't seen anything regarding vendors posted by FLW. I don't think they have it at this event. It's just weigh-in and maybe a table of FLW merch and maybe a sponsor table or two.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

3. Banned
    Bean struggled a bit. May get them tomorrow

4. Member
    absolutely pathetic they have to change the size limits on smallmouth for this organization!!!! Seems like the majority of locals I have talked to wish they would take their game somewhere else!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

5. Member
    Last year at the tour tournament they had Charlie Evans told me in his own words " if they hadn't changed the size limit we wouldn't have came back." As much as i like FLW i still think they should have to go by the lakes size limits like we do year round. That's really the only problem i have with the major tournaments being here at all. Hell pretty much anybody can catch 15 to 17" smallmouth on cumberland if they're biting in the least. If we could weigh in 15" smallmouth i'd become one tough sumbuck instead of sucking so bad like i usually do nowadays.
    Last edited by Les Young; 11-01-2019 at 07:38 PM.

6. Member
    Agreed Les!!! Really bad stench off these tournaments changing the rules and laws that everyone else has to abide by.
    Last edited by nightbasser; 11-01-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Agreed Les!!! Really bad stench off these tournaments changing the rules and laws that everyone else has to abide by.
    I understand yals point and trust me, I’ve had this discussion many times. Should the high school tournaments get to go by special regulations? I mean Bradley Roy just had a 200 boat tournament out of the dam. I believe it was 12” across board.

The elephant in room is the $$$ it brings to area, I don’t see that ever changing.

8. Member
    High schoolers ain’t grown up pros. Doesn’t bother me at all, but wouldn’t bother me if they went 18 too.

9. Member
    I agree it really erked me that they let them weigh 15” smallmouth! FLW brings the best of the best to fish the lake and they should have to follow the same statewide regulations as a regular tourney has too down there! To let the “PRO’S” have a reduced size limit really shouldnt have been allowed IMO. Charlie Evans shame on you for saying FLW wouldnt have been back if they had to abide by statewide regulations! These competitors suppose to be the best of the best and you want to give them a break in the rules. Pathetic!!!!!!

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I know the results and have seen the video/interview of the winner but I am looking for the video of the entire weigh in for the final day. Does anyone know where the a link is located?

As for allowing undersized fish I have been vocal about this in the past and I am pretty sure most on here know where I stand on that issue. At least KDFW did not blow smoke and say it was for a mortality study like they did in the past. Now maybe they will admit it has to do with $ and tourism. Elk, Deer and Turkey is their main priority because there is more $ to be made in that sector. Their fishery department is weak in more than one way in my opinion.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I know the results and have seen the video/interview of the winner but I am looking for the video of the entire weigh in for the final day. Does anyone know where the a link is located?

As for allowing undersized fish I have been vocal about this in the past and I am pretty sure most on here know where I stand on that issue. At least KDFW did not blow smoke and say it was for a mortality study like they did in the past. Now maybe they will admit it has to do with $ and tourism. Elk, Deer and Turkey is their main priority because there is more $ to be made in that sector. Their fishery department is weak in more than one way in my opinion.
    You keep talking like that and you gonna reincarnate Art

12. Banned
    As far as weigh in video, I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t show up. A lot of zeros and short fish.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post

14. Member
    Never found out if he got that shed moved....

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    When it comes to KDFW Art and I agree on several things. The use our resources as a way to attract $ from other states and expect us to believe they have the resources best interest. There is nothing wrong with generating $ from our resources but when exemptions are made for a select group while others abide by different laws it does not sit well with me.

As far as weigh in video, I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t show up. A lot of zeros and short fish.
    There is a video of the final day weigh in on the FLW website but it only shows the winning angler weighing in. The video breaks right into him getting called onstage. I find it hard to believe they did not film all 10 anglers. Really the only angler I was interested in was hearing what 3rd place Matt Pangrac had to say.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    When it comes to KDFW Art and I agree on several things. The use our resources as a way to attract $ from other states and expect us to believe they have the resources best interest. There is nothing wrong with generating $ from our resources but when exemptions are made for a select group while others abide by different laws it does not sit well with me.

There is a video of the final day weigh in on the FLW website but it only shows the winning angler weighing in. The video breaks right into him getting called onstage. I find it hard to believe they did not film all 10 anglers. Really the only angler I was interested in was hearing what 3rd place Matt Pangrac had to say.
    We agreed on the pay to play scandals, just not on resource focus.

Matt didn’t say anything. Just something about him and Manson working together. I didn’t see a few there and seen at least one leave early. Really muted event honestly.

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    We agreed on the pay to play scandals, just not on resource focus.

Matt didn’t say anything. Just something about him and Manson working together. I didn’t see a few there and seen at least one leave early. Really muted event honestly.
    Thanks for the update...Hopefully, this week on BTL he will give a run down of how things played out. I have only been watching that podcast for a few months and always like how he interacted with guest. Plus he is like a fishing encyclopedia. He can rattle off statistic and details from events that were held well before his time. If my memory is correct there is about 25,000 in the BASS Fantasy Fishing group. He finished 9th this year so he does know how anglers typically perform on the lakes they visit. Watching him on the FLW live feed I was thoroughly impressed with how efficient he managed his time, rotated baits and how he explained exactly what he was doing and why. Watching Matt on the live feed was a lot like watching Jacob Wheeler.

18. Banned
    Should have left drop shot at home. A spoon would have been more effective.

19. Banned
    I don't the brouhaha over the the temporary change. It doesn't effect you in any way shape or form. It's not like they took them back to their rooms and had a fish fry... They're swimming and ready to be caught another day... At the end of the day the KDFW and local businesses got what they wanted, a little extra Christmas money and some positive press for the area after the many lean years while the lake was drawn-down... Dan

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I don't the brouhaha over the the temporary change. It doesn't effect you in any way shape or form. It's not like they took them back to their rooms and had a fish fry... They're swimming and ready to be caught another day... At the end of the day the KDFW and local businesses got what they wanted, a little extra Christmas money and some positive press for the area after the many lean years while the lake was drawn-down... Dan
    Plain & simple we like our smallmouth & most you'll talk to think it's bullshit that they do it. They're suppose to be the best bass fishermen in the world.Well prove it by bringing 18" smallmouth to the scales. I actually enjoy seeing them here, but just think they need to obey the same rules that those of us that fish it every day have to. Catching what we consider dinks pretty much sucks to most of us around here. There's plenty of night you'll wear the 16 to 17 & 1/2 inchers out & honestly it's pretty dang disgusting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast