New boat company using Javelin hull?

Heard or read a rumor that there was a new boat company using the old Javeline hull. Has anyone got the skinney on who this is?
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

2. Member
    Can’t say that I’ve heard that but I’ve been shocked by how many new boat companies have been popping up in the last year or two. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit for a new company to purchase proven molds from an out of business company. It’s a smart business plan actually.

Quote Originally Posted by scfishin View Post
    Can’t say that I’ve heard that but I’ve been shocked by how many new boat companies have been popping up in the last year or two. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit for a new company to purchase proven molds from an out of business company. It’s a smart business plan actually.
    We've lost several boat companies that last several years also. So they are just filling in.

BassCat is coming out with a "Hybrid" Cougar/Puma with a splashed Champion 203 hull. Maybe that was it?

Ok, i just heard the same rumor about the Javelin hull. idk...

There is a new boat company who has people in upper level positions that held upper level position with Javelin and Stratos many years ago. I doubt very seriously if they have the molds because they worked for the company and did not own the company. The Javelin/Stratos brand has been sold twice in the last 20 years if my memory is correct. Johnny Morris who owns many different boat brands and operates under the name White Water Marine bought the company that bought Javelin many years ago. I bet Johnny has the rights to the brand/molds even though it is no longer in production. As for the molds they may have been sold, they may have been destroyed, I have no idea. I do know Alan Stinson hand made every Javelin mold ever made so he might know what happened to the molds even though he no longer works for the company who bought Javelin. I think the rumor you are hearing is from where Earl Bents started a new line of boats called Cayman. FYI Alan Stinson back in the day was Earl bents lead hull designer.

7. Member
    and new caymas isn't anything like javelin/stratos hull it looks like
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    There is a new boat company who has people in upper level positions that held upper level position with Javelin and Stratos many years ago. I doubt very seriously if they have the molds because they worked for the company and did not own the company. The Javelin/Stratos brand has been sold twice in the last 20 years if my memory is correct. Johnny Morris who owns many different boat brands and operates under the name White Water Marine bought the company that bought Javelin many years ago. I bet Johnny has the rights to the brand/molds even though it is no longer in production. As for the molds they may have been sold, they may have been destroyed, I have no idea. I do know Alan Stinson hand made every Javelin mold ever made so he might know what happened to the molds even though he no longer works for the company who bought Javelin. I think the rumor you are hearing is from where Earl Bents started a new line of boats called Cayman. FYI Alan Stinson back in the day was Earl bents lead hull designer.
    I understand that. I do not that is where the specific rumor is coming from. Maybe though... who knows. I find it interesting.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNStratos1 View Post
    I understand that. I do not that is where the specific rumor is coming from. Maybe though... who knows. I find it interesting.
    With what some of the old Javelin hulls were hopefully it's so.

10. Member
    I wish someone would remake the Javelin 400 hull and the mid nineties Stratos 201. They were some of the best boats I ever ran and may have been the same hull,they were very similar.

The 400 became the Renegade 20 and then the Stratos 200 as I understand it. The 409 was a bit longer and I'm not sure what that became. I don't think either was the same as a 201.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

The hull was the same with only sponson and nose adjustments. The real difference was top cap arrangement.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

now that it is on thel dealer floors you might want to look at the
    Cayman hull one more time from underneath and on the livwell deck …… looks like 200 /389 to me

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

14. Member
    I think some of the Phoenix hulls favor some of the Javelin/ Stratos hulls but I don’t recall which Phoenix it was.