Thread: 4600C

4600C

I have a few olg CU 4600 C narrow spool with thumb cast. Have any of you guys tried to use it on a fliiping stick or any other application, The reel is a bulldog but dabg it is a little heavy. I was going to put a carbon drag and new handle in it if I can use it. It is almost brand new and worth not much. Any ideas would be appreciafed, I already no it will work as a sinker for catfishing. LOL . Thanks. David

2. Banned
    Use it for whatever you want to. Them things are just solid ole reels.

I have about 20 old ABU 4500 & 4600 reels. I use them every time out. Yeah, they're dinosaurs, but they WORK. I never liked the thumbar for flipping because I would hit the bar and release the spool when setting hooks. Your experience may be different. Use it and see ... they're great reels.

I have several 4600 I don't use them anymore but I keep them around. I agree they are a real work horse
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

5. Member
    I still have a few 4600 reels that see use. Upgraded the drag and added bearings.

6. Scraps
    Loved those 4600s. Only issue I would see is "palming" the round profile. Can be done, just not that comfortable. But for throwing moving baits, no problem.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macdavid View Post
    I have a few olg CU 4600 C narrow spool with thumb cast. Have any of you guys tried to use it on a fliiping stick or any other application, The reel is a bulldog but dabg it is a little heavy. I was going to put a carbon drag and new handle in it if I can use it. It is almost brand new and worth not much. Any ideas would be appreciafed, I already no it will work as a sinker for catfishing. LOL . Thanks. David
    i use mine for everything.i put the bass pro handles on mine,even some old 4500s i had.
    i prefer them over my lo pro reels,just fit me better and i guess it's because it's all i used
    from about 1980 on.if you don't want them,them let me know.