21’ 10” SDC PROP and numbers

Im running a 4 blade 28 pitch bravo and hole shot is crap, top end is crap, and it cat walks it’s ass off at 60 mph. What props and numbers are some of you other SDC guys running?
    2020 BULLET 21’10” SDC / 2020 250 PRO XS

2. Member
    I keep hearing these boats run different with the 4 strokes. Not bad and maybe even better, but different. Is that prop new? Do you know the motor height?

3. Member
    Don't be offended but I would guess you don't know how to drive it yet , anyone that says the boat is chine walking or tough to drive at 60 needs more seat time. I can't speak for a merc but my Sho has a fantastic hole shot with a 28 bravo , maybe your motor is to low in the water ... check it out
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

4. Banned
    With my XRS it took awhile to get it right. Play with the plugs. I've got all my inner holes plugged solid and the outer holes with the smallest plugs Mercury makes... Now that's with the 2 stroke and you have to feather the throttle coming outa the hole... Take your time. don't rush and you'll get it right... Dan

5. Member
    Seat time, seat time, seat time, my 2016 takes more to drive than any other Bullet I've ever had

6. Member
    If you are needing help on your driving I would be glad to help anyway I can. Looks like we are on the same lake.
    BULLET 20XRD/Mercury 300 XS

7. Member
    Not sure on the 4 stroke, but a foil was the best thing I ever did to my 2 stroke for hole shot with a 28 Bravo.
    XRS/250 ProXS

8. Member
    I have offered help on this thread as well as PM. He must have gotten it figured out.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountryx View Post
    Not sure on the 4 stroke, but a foil was the best thing I ever did to my 2 stroke for hole shot with a 28 Bravo.
    Agreed. Different machine with the foil on it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLICK20XRD View Post
    I have offered help on this thread as well as PM. He must have gotten it figured out.
    He hasn’t got it figured out yet, just hasn’t been on here or chimed in lately on his post.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    He hasn’t got it figured out yet, just hasn’t been on here or chimed in lately on his post.
    You are probably right. Seems odd to ask about issues though and not respond or acknowledge people trying to help. I had those same issues when I brought my boat home the first time. I hated it until someone helped me figure it all out.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    With my XRS it took awhile to get it right. Play with the plugs. I've got all my inner holes plugged solid and the outer holes with the smallest plugs Mercury makes... Now that's with the 2 stroke and you have to feather the throttle coming outa the hole... Take your time. don't rush and you'll get it right... Dan
    I'm pretty sure a foil will eliminate your "having to feather he throttle." As far as the OP's question, nobody has given advice on what works on an XRS/4-stroke.

13. Banned
    Nope... No foil for me... Dan

14. Member
    Running a 28 bravo on my phase 2 hpdi. Best hole shot I've ever had. I did spend an afternoon playing with plugs to get the rpms close to 3800 at wot from a dead stop. I thought the 4 strokes didn't need prop venting?

XRS 28 Bravo all holes plugged--Runs great!! Jumps out and on plane. With Power Poles. brand new boat Mercury 4 Stroke