Thermostat location

Serial number 193247dih. Just wanted to confirm that this is the location of the thermostats. Thanks

2593C2A0-7C4F-492F-8146-805CF313B653.jpeg

2. Member
    On a merc, the t-stats are usually on the top of each head (back side near the top, same surface with plugs/injectors/rails) with one hose coming out of each. That SN is odd (to me). Usually there is a poppet valve on the bottom rear starboard side of the motor. From your photos, I am not quite sure what you are looking at as I would personally need a little more wide-angle view. Don may well know from your photos.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Serial number 193247dih. Just wanted to confirm that this is the location of the thermostats. Thanks

2593C2A0-7C4F-492F-8146-805CF313B653.jpeg
    Yes, that is the thermostat locations.

4. Member
    Good deal....thanks.
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

5. Member
    Btw, that's not your serial number, they are formatted digit, letter, six digits. The s/n should be on a label affixed to the swivel bracket, see this for examples - How to find your serial number on your Mercury outboard
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Thanks for heads up. The title paperwork used the model number and not the serial number. Will have to let the bmv know.
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Thanks for heads up. The title paperwork used the model number and not the serial number. Will have to let the bmv know.
    Looks like your serial number is in your signature now (1E053115)

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member

_______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

9. Member
    Hope it is easy to do. When I bought my 08 classic, the bill of sale was hand-written at the dealer where I bought it. The first four characters in the hull id was listed as BAS2xxxxxx. Was working on the quest stuff, warranty transfer, was having difficulty (as was BassCat) tracking down my serial number. I finally went to look at the back of the boat and those characters were BASZ. Seems easy enough to fix? NOT!. They wanted me to re-register, re-pay sales tax, told 'em that was not happening. They asked me to make a pencil on paper impression of the serial number stamped in the rear. I did. Not good enough. I drug the boat over there. "We can't go outside to check numbers..." I talked to the manager and told 'em to either get this corrected (it was THEIR error thinking the Z was a 2) or I would get my attorney to explain to them why they had to fix this AND pay his fees + court costs. Finally got it done. All for a 1 letter error on their part.

Life can be fun.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

10. Member
    This is on my 2014

upload