Thread: Bullet Trailers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    To put the Ameratrail under my SS was a 5500$ upgrade. Had lots of issues with it early on. after a few modifications its been trouble free.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I wish Ranger would build trailers for Bullet.... I know guys with 20-30year old Rangers and their trailers looked better than mine did at 5 years old. They have the paint/finish down! Sad that we spend so much for a quality boat and get the trailer that just happens to come with it.
    Thanks for the ammo Mike. Now when one of you Bullet guys go screaming around me in my Ranger I’ll snicker knowing my trailer is rust free!! Ha ha
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

I have always called it like I see it...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I have always called it like I see it...
    Mike just repaint yours with the bed liner type paint , you can tint it , my old custom line only had rust on the top of the rear axle where the channel was bent and holds water. So far my boat mate trailer has zero rust but has chips I had to touch up.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I removed the carpeted steps the first year, My steps are rusting ... The rest looks great for it's age. I have a tube trailer and suspect it will rust from the inside out. It has always been garage kept. I'd hate to put all of the work and money into a new paint job and have it fail from the inside. I'd actually change the color to black if I went this route.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Mike just repaint yours with the bed liner type paint , you can tint it , my old custom line only had rust on the top of the rear axle where the channel was bent and holds water. So far my boat mate trailer has zero rust but has chips I had to touch up.
    What year is your Boatmate Trailer?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    What year is your Boatmate Trailer?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

8. Member
    Just wait a couple more years, I hate to say that because when I picked it up, really looked like it was made really well, but just over 3 years and mine has some rust

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Just wait a couple more years, I hate to say that because when I picked it up, really looked like it was made really well, but just over 3 years and mine has some rust
    I had my old custom lines looking like new , I keep on the issues asap any chip is touched up , any rust sanded then sprayed with a rust killer . I have the local paint Store mix rattle cans of paint then repaint the rusted area with a blend spray , paint was always close 91% match by the paint Store camera .
    My new boat mate is black so I should get a 100% match. I plan on painting the trailer side rails and front axle with a urethane single stage paint with a flex additive, I will use a gun for this . The trailer paint looks good but has a lot of touched up chips from the moron that delivered the boat to me towed it across the country with a dually pick up with no mud flaps. It's always something
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

10. Member
    Exactly, it's ALWAYS something

Quote Originally Posted by bamacj View Post
    To put the Ameratrail under my SS was a 5500$ upgrade. Had lots of issues with it early on. after a few modifications its been trouble free.
    Same here. No rust but lots of vibration due to both axles not being machined properly. Both side steps vibrated so bad it broke all the welds on the fenders. Both axles were replaced after wearing out all 4 tires in the first year. Took 3 months to get it all resolved with Ameratrail warranty dept. Evidently it was an issue with MANY axles. Their supplier did a terrible job apparently. I did not get reimbursed for having to buy 4 new tires so soon. Everything was finally resolved after i paid for the labor on axles and waited 5 more weeks to get paid from Ameratrail.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

Mclain trailers in texas has the pattern and makes a very nice aluminum trailer that looks right under a bullet. The ameratrail looks good too

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

13. Member

Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Same here. No rust but lots of vibration due to both axles not being machined properly. Both side steps vibrated so bad it broke all the welds on the fenders. Both axles were replaced after wearing out all 4 tires in the first year. Took 3 months to get it all resolved with Ameratrail warranty dept. Evidently it was an issue with MANY axles. Their supplier did a terrible job apparently. I did not get reimbursed for having to buy 4 new tires so soon. Everything was finally resolved after i paid for the labor on axles and waited 5 more weeks to get paid from Ameratrail.
    So are yall two saying thay yall paid over $10K for yalls trailers?

14. Member
    Upgrade may have been a poor choice of words. The Ameratrail added 5500 to the price vs standard trailer.

My trailer issues were, the angle the bow roller and winch was on caused the winch strap to be in a U shape and would cause the boat to bounce up and down on the roller. Had a friend and certified welder cut and re angle the winch post to get the winch in line with the bow eye. Loosing wheel bearings every year with very little travel time. Not one bearing ALL four. That issue was tires not balanced. took over 3oz on each tire and haven't lost a bearing since. still lite use though. I carry two complete hubs just in case now. Vibrations were so bad I took the trailer guides off the side because they were hitting the side of the boat going down the road. By lite use I mean, boat is a 13 with only 150 hours on it.
    Last edited by bamacj; 12-21-2019 at 06:18 PM.

15. Member
    If it added $5500 then you paid around $10K b/c I think std dual axle boatmate is about $4500. I’ve had two boatmates galvanized & painted & havent had any problems with either. Paint over galv was a $750 adder. I wouldnt have a tube trailer unless it was galv no matter where I lived.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12