James river bass fishing

I’m new in the area and have been fishing the Chickahominy, Grays creek, and upper Chippokes. I was wondering how far up I would need to go to catch bass on the James main river and also if there are bass in the back river near James town?

thanks

2. Member
    There are fish on the main river down around that area. sometimes when we don’t have a lot of rain it allows the salt line to push up the river further which I believe pushes fish into the creeks or a little further up river. Upper Chippokes and north is a good rule of thumb for the main river but there are a lot of times and places to catch them on the main river south of that so do not be afraid to try it. Are you familiar with tidal fishing?
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

3. Member
    I’m not really familiar with tidal fishing, I moved here from WV and have fished there for past 20 years. However I’m learning, I have been catching fish just not the size or numbers that seem to be in the area. Also still working on this shallow fishing that I see most guys doing along the grass lines. I appreciate the information.

4. Member
    PM sent
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org