Serial #2B695524 Vessel View Question for new 4 stroke

I just purchased a new 250 4 stroke and wondered if there is anything that needs to be added for the vessel view mobile? I called mercury and they said something about a harness. I just figured they came ready. I know my 2 stroke pro XS was plug and play.
    Last edited by CHECrappie; 10-29-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

2. Member
    Harness and digital water pressure connection.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

3. Member
    Need more information...do you mean VesselView Mobile? Or one of the many VesselView Displays? Or VesselView Link where you can get a full VesselView display on a Lowrance or Garmin MultiFunction Display?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Need more information...do you mean VesselView Mobile? Or one of the many VesselView Displays? Or VesselView Link where you can get a full VesselView display on a Lowrance or Garmin MultiFunction Display?
    Sorry. Yes vessel view mobile.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    Harness and digital water pressure connection.
    Not sure what that means.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Vessel View Mobile CAN be plugged directly into your engine, routed up to the top and attached to the STB side intake runner.

Water pressure requires an optional sensor.

The "Harness" mentioned would be an extension harness to get the Vessel View Mobile outside the cowling (IMHO... it's a good idea, and an even better one is to get a complete Network in the boat and install the Vessel View Mobile at the HELM).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Vessel View Mobile CAN be plugged directly into your engine, routed up to the top and attached to the STB side intake runner.

Water pressure requires an optional sensor.

The "Harness" mentioned would be an extension harness to get the Vessel View Mobile outside the cowling (IMHO... it's a good idea, and an even better one is to get a complete Network in the boat and install the Vessel View Mobile at the HELM).
    Thanks Don. So no water pressure on the 4 stroke? Optional sensor easy installation? Can I still get it from you?

as for network, are you speaking if NMEA 2000?
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely easy install- Sensor is simple to install, see the FAQ Section (there is an Optional Rigging List there with part numbers). Rhonda in our Parts Department can assist you.

When discussing Smartcraft- we are talking about a SMARTCRAFT network (different from a NMEA-2000 network).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor