Looking to get a new tube rod...NRX or possibly Z Bone?

Hey all, in the past few years I've had kind of a tube fishing renaissance, but am not big on spinning gear. I have existing casting setups that have worked great for me so far but am looking for something a little longer, at least 7'3". Currently considering a NRX 893C or a Z Bone LMH76, though I have no way to handle either in person prior to purchase. I have no doubt that either would probably serve me well but am interested to hear what others think? Obviously the NRX has a lot of positive reviews out there but I can't find a lot on this specific Z-Bone. Just a little more info, primary use would be 3.5-4" tubes with 1/4-3/8oz insert heads, though perhaps a little lighter or heavier as needed. Secondary uses would be light t rigs, flukes, finesse jigs, etc. With upcoming Black Friday sales I'll probably be pulling the trigger on one of them, just wanting to hear some thoughts

2. Member
    You can’t go wrong with either they both are awesome. Each is also very versatile. I think the overall build quality is better on the Zbone but the performance edge goes to loomis. Kistler seems to change a lot over the years. The 893 has been around a long time and the nrx has also survived through the years.
    Nitro z21

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I'd go with the NRX. If it turns out that you don't like it, it holds it's value pretty good and will be easy to sell.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

4. Member
    I actually like the MBR models better for my tube jigs but the 893 JWR will work.

I use a NRX 843 for heavier 3/8oz or a NRX 852 for 1/4.

Both are amazing.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    I use a NRX 843 for heavier 3/8oz or a NRX 852 for 1/4.

Both are amazing.
    I did consider these options, but definitely want something a bit longer.

I do appreciate the info everyone!

7. Banned
    Don’t know why they quit making the NRX 842 and 843

8. Member
    The 893 is the most sensitive rod I have ever used and my favorite by far.. very versatile.. you will NOT be disappointed
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

9. Member
    I'm sure both are great options. I throw a 3/8 ounce tube on a Alpha Angler TAC MAG and absolutely love it. So much power and sensitivity in a perfect length for bombing out tubes. Since they are direct to consumer cost is only $325. I'm sure if they sold though tackle warehouse prices would be in the $500's and people would think of them as 'high end'. I'd encourage you to try one out, I'm slowly replacing my lineup with them.

10. Member
    I’ve looked into the alpha rods the way I see it their prices right where they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Don’t know why they quit making the NRX 842 and 843
    When did that happen?