HDS Live Console mount

My '19 Caracal came with Birds and frustrated with how the side imaging mosaic functionality works (or really doesnt work), so looking at switching out to HDS Live units and going back to Lowrance. I want to do the HDS Live 12 in the console, but it looks like on the cutout template, that the part of the live unit that needs to be recessed into the console is exactly as wide as the Caracals console width, so not sure that is going to work (the hole that is cut now is for a Solix 10). I dont really want two graphs at the console, so would like one bigger. What would you if this was your boat and you had a hole cut already, etc.? Too nice of a boat to redneck it up

2. Member
    Here is pic

3. Member
    Bass boat technologies has your mount. I replaced an in dash hds 10 with a carbon 12 on a 2013 puma and it worked well.
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

4. Member
    IMG_3184.JPGJust make one its easy 1/4" Aluminium I had to cut this one down because I used it on a puma first then on an Eyra and the Eyra you sit lower in the seat so I cut the bottom off and lowered it. Used bedliner as paint, 2 Plates on the back side 4 stainless steel bolts.

5. Member
    Thanks for pointers, researching

6. Member
    You can order 1/4" aluminium in certain widths and lengths and it cuts easily with a chop saw and rounded all corners with a belt sander
    made a cardboard template took it to a welder cost me $25 to have it welded up, I was going to powder coat it but I actually like the bedliner in a can you can buy small cans at Lowes/Depot
    Its held up great.

7. Member
    I went with a Geigertech Mount it came with a second mount Incase I ever want to add a second graph. Basically covers the opening where the graph was in the console. These things are hellaciously strong and very well made. I put a 15”Solix on it and it’s solid. The guys that own the company tournament fish big water in Canada and started the company because they had broken everyone else’s on the market trying to get something that will take rough water abuse. I can’t recommend these guys enough... picked up the phone every time I called and answered all of my questions.

I can’t get pictures to load but if you want to see them PM me your number and I will send them.

8. Member
    Went the BBT route and super easy and looks great. Not cheap, but quick turnaround and basically plug and play

9. Member
    Pm about geigertech mount sent