Power Pole Blue Hose......Swelling?

Is there any reason the blue hydraulic hose seems to have expanded beyond its normal outside diameter?

This is the 5/16 hydraulic hose with compression fittings. I purchased a used 10' Blade and when I trimmed the hoses to fit my application, the new ferrules I received from power pole would not slide over. Even the compression nut barely slid over and that was after lubing and aggressive persuasion. The ferrule and nut on the black hose literally seemed loose in comparison.

Is it common practice, or acceptable to sand the outside down enough to allow the ferrule to fit onto the hose?

Upgrading to the new style hydraulic hoses is the ideal solution functionally, but really need to find a solution for a double male bulkhead fitting that would allow for a clean installation.

Thanks!

Thomas
    2001 Mercury Optimax 225
    0T344965
    2000 Mercury ELPTO 125
    0T072885

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Have never heard of it no, however if you call powerpole im sure they will provide you with new tubing. Just put new ferrules and nuts on my personal 4 year old poles and the new fittings slid right on no issues.