Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Anyone see the cheating situation recently?

Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

2. Member
    Sad people, At least now he is done. Glad they caught him.

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    scum of the earth. Great job catching him.

Dale Sinclair original

4. Member
    I'm not sure why they allowed him to walk away from a possible felony stealing the way they did.
    In past cases of bass tournament cheaters they have local authorities standing by, and when they hand the cheater a check, he is arrested for felony stealing.
    I think this guy got lucky in that regard......

Quote Originally Posted by wbfishon View Post
    I'm not sure why they allowed him to walk away from a possible felony stealing the way they did.
    In past cases of bass tournament cheaters they have local authorities standing by, and when they hand the cheater a check, he is arrested for felony stealing.
    You get the result that you want, without dealing with prosecution and possible lawsuits. The state can still file on him for intent to defraud.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbfishon View Post
    Not that easy, all depends on the prosecuting attorney and the judge.
    WE had a bass event here and they even had video of the man removing fish from a cage and putting them in the live well. State police arrested him on the stage. His attorney plea bargained him down to a small fine. Darrell did it the best way. Its up to the anglers now to make sure he never fishes again.