Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

New Displays from Garmin! Thought?

Garmin has updated their site with some new Displays!

The EchoMap UHD Line and the GpsMap 7xx, 9xx, 12xx PLUS series.

What are you guys first impression?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/690184

BassBoatElectronics.com
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Cool....

Garmin is pretty quite when they come out with stuff.......not even a hint of something within a week of a release.....

So what are the big changes for the GPSmap Plus series???

And one other thing i have to say is when they put something out and give a delivery date, they stick with it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    The new echomaps look alright. Not much changed, except compatability with UHD. The screen resolution is the same... I wonder how the UHD will look on them.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    When i had the UHD box with mine, the down was great but side was not to great, in my experience.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    It looks like the same mount as the 93 plus?

6. Member
    Neat.

So the GT24 is basically a 54 without sidevu?

7. Member
    So I literally just bought two EchoMap Plus units. What all am I missing out on from this new model? It looks like the only difference is that now the EchoMap UHD can accept the GT54 UHD transducer?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Neat.

So the GT24 is basically a 54 without sidevu?
    Exactly.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    Getting tougher all the time to keep up with all this. echomap, echomap chirp, echomap plus, echomap ultra, echmap UHD.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

10. Member
    Hmmm. A big Hmmmm . “ Entry-level series of 7”, 9”, and 12” chart plotter/sonar touchscreen combos with keyed-assist controls.........” I’ve got a feeling............
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

11. Member
    Todd may be able to get us a compatibility matrix that includes these new units.

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lobo View Post
    So I literally just bought two EchoMap Plus units. What all am I missing out on from this new model? It looks like the only difference is that now the EchoMap UHD can accept the GT54 UHD transducer?
    Yes and it will give you the high frequency for UHD......on a previous post i made last week, the GT54 will work with the regular Plus units but will not give you the 1120kHz for sidevu,...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1013921

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBry View Post
    I’ve got a feeling............
    A feeling for what????

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    A feeling for what????
    Im speculating there’s more to come.

Christmas is coming and we know about the deep discounts coming on the plus units. Seems there will be some deep discounts on the non ultra 1242 touch gps maps seeing as the new ultras are no different minus the polarized screen. It didn’t get the direct uhd support either which explains the “entry level” designation on their site. I like what Garmin is doing by selling feature sets geared toward Salt or Freshwater (GPS Map vs Echomap) but some of us are getting stuck in the wrong lineup during this streamlining.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

15. Member
    I', in the same boat. Knew I should have waited. Maybe BPS will take mine back since I bought them 3-weeks ago? LOL
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

16. Banned
    Garmin needs to put out that compatibility matrix. What features are cross compatible with which units? They've over-saturated their product line with no real lines drawn as to which units you can mix and match to get the features you want.

17. Member
    I definitely agree Ricco. They really need to phase out some of their outdated products at this point. There are now five different lines of GPSMap and four for EchoMap. Why is the echoMAP Chirp even offered any more? Its at the same price point as the Plus series seems to have less features in every single way..

Almost wish they'd just launched these new UHD units as an extension of the ECHOMAP Ultra line... or do the Ultras not even accept UHD? Hell, it would be helpful if they would even indicate release dates or something you can at least know what generation of unit you are looking at...

18. Member
    And here is a note - and maybe its just inaccurate - but their website says (for these new UHD units) "NETWORK CAPABLE. If you have multiple compatible ECHOMAP UHD or ECHOMAP Ultra devices on your boat, you can share information - such as sonar, user data and charts - among them (7" and 9" models only.)"

So they launched a new EchoMAP unit, that appears to be literally a Plus but with UHD support, but you can't network UHD and Plus units together?? Could a software update really not have delivered UHD support to the Plus units?

19. Member
    For those of us who have the EchoPlus's right now, could they with a software update make those compatible so you can get the full effect of the UHD transducers?
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

20. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    or do the Ultras not even accept UHD?
    Ultras have the UHD built in so they can accept a direct UHD ducer connection.

And here is a note - and maybe its just inaccurate - but their website says (for these new UHD units) "NETWORK CAPABLE. If you have multiple compatible ECHOMAP UHD or ECHOMAP Ultra devices on your boat, you can share information - such as sonar, user data and charts - among them (7" and 9" models only.)"

So they launched a new EchoMAP unit, that appears to be literally a Plus but with UHD support, but you can't network UHD and Plus units together?? Could a software update really not have delivered UHD support to the Plus units?
    Not sure why they said it like that but all EC Plus units are networkable and will share across the Plus line. I have the original Plus unit networked to my Ultra Plus and it does everything mentioned. So very sure that the UHD plus units will network with a regular Plus unit.

Quote Originally Posted by BDPIL View Post
    For those of us who have the EchoPlus's right now, could they with a software update make those compatible so you can get the full effect of the UHD transducers?
    I would think that it would have to take some additional hardware to get full effect...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast