New Indian Motor?

Saw an ad for the new Indian motor saying it would be pushing over 120HP?
    Had not released the info yet though.
    This would almost have to be liquid cooled I would think but who knows ?

2. Member
    My 800cc liquid cooled F800GS has 85 HP and weighs a hefty 500 pounds. Torque moves big cruisers. If they are getting that HP with great low end torque it’ll be a winner. Harley 114 has 119 foot pounds of torque at 3,000 RPMs.

I believe it's suppose to be a water cooled 108, to be released with a new Roadglide style model.

5. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    Harley Davidson better wake up. Indian is bring in new technology and able to keep it in a affordable price range. Here in the KC area there are 4 Harley dealership and one Indian. Best place to by a used Harley is at the Indian dealership.
    Ride and decide boys
    Last edited by Rodney Bledsoe; 11-01-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Some also think the Challenger has some borrowed Victory design/technology that never made it to production before Polaris decided to go with one motorcycle and keep the Indian brand. The gas tank has the same curved lines, minus the beveled sides. Front fender without the taper flare at the rear. The 108 engine itself has roots from Victory. The big 2(Indian, HD) are nice. Out of my range though.
    But someone always wants new, so maybe one day I'll pick up one lightly used....

7. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyra1 View Post
    Some also think the Challenger has some borrowed Victory design/technology that never made it to production before Polaris decided to go with one motorcycle and keep the Indian brand. The gas tank has the same curved lines, minus the beveled sides. Front fender without the taper flare at the rear. The 108 engine itself has roots from Victory. The big 2(Indian, HD) are nice. Out of my range though.
    But someone always wants new, so maybe one day I'll pick up one lightly used....
    What Indian is saying, the motor is not a Victory design. It's was all new engineering. But to me it does have the Victory design. There are several good youtube videos out on it.

8. Member
    Nice machines, no doubt!

Can't believe the money they are getting for them though... Can ride MAYBE six months here. Will still have to test ride it though...

The local Indian dealership by me, Gregory Polaris, had a Challenger available for test rides this past weekend according to their FB page. Same place I bought my Victory Gunner.
    Forgot all about the demo until late Saturday...

not gonna knock Indian but gonna take a lot to knock Harley off the top don't care what anyone says, that's gonna be a hard road to hoe.
    how many indian dealers compared to HD are there? don't see tons of Indian dealers popping up all over like sales are through the roof and I know of a Ton of HD dealers here in Missouri alone and some big ones at that.
    the accessory world. how much is out there for an Indian compared to an HD

but to each their own that's why theres choices in life.
    and personally I see no need for me for a power windscreen, inverted forks, Road Glide double headlight is the iconic part of a RG, Intigrated running/turn signals? hell mine has that. I need 1 ride mode..WFO. so nope that comparaison isn't close that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    not gonna knock Indian but gonna take a lot to knock Harley off the top don't care what anyone says, that's gonna be a hard road to hoe.
    how many indian dealers compared to HD are there? don't see tons of Indian dealers popping up all over like sales are through the roof and I know of a Ton of HD dealers here in Missouri alone and some big ones at that.
    the accessory world. how much is out there for an Indian compared to an HD

but to each their own that's why theres choices in life.
    and personally I see no need for me for a power windscreen, inverted forks, Road Glide double headlight is the iconic part of a RG, Intigrated running/turn signals? hell mine has that. I need 1 ride mode..WFO. so nope that comparaison isn't close that's for sure.

Luke, I mean no disrespect, but, you own a BassCat. Using your quote, changing it to bass boats, insert BC for Indian and Ranger for HD.

I have a BassCat. I'm just not so sure they, Polaris Indian, can't do it. It's known to have happened in other fields. But, then again, I own a Ram, a BassCat and a Victory motorcycle.

no disrespect taken.
    at the same time I don't see it that way at all. HD is an American Icon Brand. even people that are not into Motorcycles know the Bar and Shield logo and what brand it is....not the same comparison in my book, how many people outside of the Bass boat "world" can tell the difference in a Skeeter, Ranger, Bass Cat, Champion, Stratos, Phoenix, Triton, Charger ETC. if you took the NAME badge off the side and just left the Bass Cat Bolt or the Champion Arrow, or the Charger Diamonds Phoenix flames etc. just their logo on there put them side by side and ask 1000 people which "logo" is whos brand how many you think would get half of them right. I'm betting not many at all could even name 2 correct. We as bass boat "people" could easily.

now do that same thing with Harley Davidson, Indian, Victory, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki etc. take those same 1000 people and have them look at a Motorcycle with just a logo no name on it and how many would name the Harley logo as a Harley.

I get what your saying Indian makes a fine ride I'm not going to knock someone for riding one that the American way to have choices and I love all bikes always have but I don't see any brand not just Indian in particular knocking Harley Davidson off the top. the Brand itself is too popular.
    I'm not going to say HD hasn't made any huge mistakes in its days good lord the AMF days. what a joke them things were. but at this point with a Brand worth something like over 5 Billion they got to be doing something right. considering Indian is about 1.7 Billion. pretty big difference.
    I think some of the Indian bikes are sweet as hell I would love to have one of the FTR 1200 bikes the scout is a slick ride as well. but I wouldn't trade my Harley for one.
    got a good buddy of mine that rides a Victory and its a nice bike not gonna say it isn't. but there was a reason Polaris took the Victory out of the lineup, because they couldn't compete with HD, its going to be hard for any of them to compete with HD because of that brand. Indian has done well but it was also the scout line that boosted their sales up that's great for them.
    I'm glad there are choices out there for everyone.

Again I don't like some of the things that HD has done over the years. Hell I don't like how high some of the prices are on the damn things I would love to have a bigger touring bike but sure isn't any way that ill have one any time soon with what they cost. ill just keep running my old Heritage because I love the bike...no different than you loving your Victory or Rodney loving his Indian glad you all do, and glad you can ride period. I got out of it for a while and now that I have another bike I love the thing. Hell I have told my wife over and over if I wasn't so involved in fishing and if she didn't like to fish as much as I did I would sell my boat and buy a bigger bike or another one. I love to ride don't care what brand I'm riding next to or who is riding what i just like to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    no disrespect taken.

Again I don't like some of the things that HD has done over the years. Hell I don't like how high some of the prices are on the damn things I would love to have a bigger touring bike but sure isn't any way that ill have one any time soon with what they cost. ill just keep running my old Heritage because I love the bike...no different than you loving your Victory or Rodney loving his Indian glad you all do, and glad you can ride period. I got out of it for a while and now that I have another bike I love the thing. Hell I have told my wife over and over if I wasn't so involved in fishing and if she didn't like to fish as much as I did I would sell my boat and buy a bigger bike or another one. I love to ride don't care what brand I'm riding next to or who is riding what i just like to ride.
    x100! My wife had no intention of riding so I stayed with a basic "super cruiser", solo seat. It's about the wind therapy and taking backroads to enjoy a trip at a slower pace for the experience. It's all cool!