Who tried the Aaron martens trick to quiet down the lids

Just got the weather stripping down to try and make the lids more water tight and quiet . Haven’t noticed a difference in the lids from slamming at all. I haven’t put the workout mats on the inside of the lids yet.

have any of you guys out the exercise mats on the inside of the lids to try and make it more water tight and quiet and had seen an improvement? Trying to see if it’s worth the effort or not!

thanks guys

2. Member
    I have been looking for this info! Do you mind posting which kind you ordered or bought. If possible could you post a pic or you can text me directly, 813-310-2675! Thank you!

3. Member
    I'm pretty sure unless you got really thick weatherstripping it won't make contact with the lid on its own. The exercise mat has to be in place in order for the stripping to "seal".

4. Member
    ^ exactly. I got the weather stripping and zero difference on lids . Gonna try fitness flooring next

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Go to Harbor Freight and buy a pack of those leg/standing fatigue mats that fit together like puzzle pieces. Softer than fitness flooring. Should work.
    this is just a suggestion. I haven't tried it. I live with the squeaky lids.

6. Member
    Get yourself some clear window seal tape from lowes or homedepot. It is clear and comes in a roll like duck tape. I applied mine on the underside of the lids where it contacts the rim of the storage lockers and no more squeaks!!!!

7. Member
    do the lids on a Phoenix leak

8. Member
    Mine is a15 never had a problem with mine

9. Member
    I had a 2012 921 for 7 years and never had a problem with water getting in. Fished in some harsh downpours and didn’t even get any then.