Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Allison's at the Toyota Owners Bassmaster Tournament

I fished the Toyota Owners Bassmaster Tournament this weekend with Jonathan Bowling. There were 2 Allison's in the field, best as we could tell. Both were DC XB21's. I bet I got asked about 30 times how fast my boat would go. Best comment came from Ott Defoe before blastoff. He said you guys may not win the tournament but you darn well are gonna win the race. LOL. We didn't race and held it down to a civil speed but to hear about every pro fisherman speak so highly of our boats was cool. They all knew about the ride and fuel economy. Educated bunch of guys they are!

2. Member
    Where was that at?

Cool to hear
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

4. Member
    Interesting! You mean they knew they aren't just go fast boats?
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    Where was that at?
    Hooken the tourney was held on Pickwick Lake.

6. Moderator
    One of them was probably Dr. Ray Baker.
    He comes on here from time to time.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    One of them was probably Dr. Ray Baker.
    He comes on here from time to time.
    Is he out of NC?

Wonder if Dr. Baker is the original owner of my boat. I was told the original owner was a doctor.

9. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Is he out of NC?
    Ray is in Alabama.

10. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Wonder if Dr. Baker is the original owner of my boat. I was told the original owner was a doctor.
    The XB-21 BasSport Pro that he has now is his first Allison.

Props4u2,

I have been out of the net for a few days, Props4u2 is correct my current Alison is my first. I was at the Toyota Owners tournament, I saw Johnny for a moment. I got the same response "How fast will it go"

I live in Huntsville but have a lake place on Guntersville.

Sorry K-Dawg, I am a Dr. but not the one you are looking for. I spent the last 5 years living in D.C. before moving to Huntsville.

13. Member
    I was on Guntersville Friday and Saturday for my boys high school tournament and as usual, I spent most of my morning before blast off answering questions about my XB21. And yes, the "how fast will that Allison run?" was asked more than once.

But, I did have a nice guy tell me he has a buddy with one and he was really impressed with the rough water ride. After talking to him a while I realized his friend was Johnny's nephew who bought the first XB21 that Johnny bought (I helped him locate it online back then). Small world and great boats!
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    I was on Guntersville Friday and Saturday for my boys high school tournament and as usual, I spent most of my morning before blast off answering questions about my XB21. And yes, the "how fast will that Allison run?" was asked more than once.

But, I did have a nice guy tell me he has a buddy with one and he was really impressed with the rough water ride. After talking to him a while I realized his friend was Johnny's nephew who bought the first XB21 that Johnny bought (I helped him locate it online back then). Small world and great boats!
    That is a good story Joe. The great thing about having our boats is there just isn't a million of them out there. The circle of owners and relationships is pretty small really.

15. Member
    I have only been scared in a bass boat once in my life. It was in an Allison at Lake Mead in the fall one year while practicing for the U.S. Open. My god, I have never seen speed till I rode in that boat. It was awesome.

16. Member
    Johnny Maxwell there was another xb21 2 seater dual console at Florence this past weekend while we was having our tournament. It was white and red with a 300xs and twin white power poles. The gentleman said he was from Arkansas although I failed to get his name. He had a propane heater on the front deck sitting in a milk crate.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    That is a good story Joe. The great thing about having our boats is there just isn't a million of them out there. The circle of owners and relationships is pretty small really.
    I was told that the total is still under 100 not sure if that is correct but that was a year ago. Not sure if that was good info but it did come from a Allison owner.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

18. Member
    Definitely alot more than 100..
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    Johnny Maxwell there was another xb21 2 seater dual console at Florence this past weekend while we was having our tournament. It was white and red with a 300xs and twin white power poles. The gentleman said he was from Arkansas although I failed to get his name. He had a propane heater on the front deck sitting in a milk crate.
    He sounds like he is an old man like me. The heater is something I used many times too when doing the high school captain thing.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raya View Post
    Props4u2,

I have been out of the net for a few days, Props4u2 is correct my current Alison is my first. I was at the Toyota Owners tournament, I saw Johnny for a moment. I got the same response "How fast will it go"

I live in Huntsville but have a lake place on Guntersville.
    Doc I don't fish Guntersville a whole lot but I am up there enough to keep it interesting. I live in Priceville and have a place on Wheeler. Generally I'll be found around Pickwick. Sometimes give me a shout and we can go wet a hook. Many of the guys on here come to my place and show me how to catch those smallies. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast