2007 Champion 200 elite

My touch pad is acting up. Today turned power on then could not get it to power off. Had to take panel off unplug it then plug back in. When i launch boat and go fish soon after my pump out starts going. i go to pad turn it on then off and it stops but a few minutes later it starts pumping water out. so like b4 i turn it on then off then i ts good for alittle. I have called Carol, talked to a few more boat places and have no help at all.. Well the 1 marine place said he heard ranger was going to start offering them in 6 or so months . Was thinking of going to the rocker type instead of the touch panel.

Any help would be great

thnx

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archery1 View Post
    ...Well the 1 marine place said he heard ranger was going to start offering them in 6 or so months.
    So, who were you talking to that said Ranger was going to offer "them", and what is "them"?

Was thinking of going to the rocker type instead of the touch panel.
    The rocker switch conversion is no longer available and hasn't been for a year or two. There are owners that their MegaLink system has totally crapped out and are looking for resolutions.

3. Member
    I would like to know as well?

4. Member
    I think it was d&r sports that said they heard ranger was going to start to offer the touch panel next year..

5. Member
    I think it was d&r sports that said they heard ranger was going to start to offer the touch panel next year..
    I hope you are right.
    Probably need to address the Megalink also.

For your boat you might try unnplugging the Megalink in the bilge and after a couple minutes plug it back in. Maybe the problem is the Megalink which sometimes can be reset , instead of the touchpad. Methinks it wouldn't hurt to try.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Sorry to hear the rocker conversion is no longer available...

7. Member
    I will try an unplug mega link and see what happens

8. Member

2007 champion 200 elite

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    So, who were you talking to that said Ranger was going to offer "them", and what is "them"?

The rocker switch conversion is no longer available and hasn't been for a year or two. There are owners that their MegaLink system has totally crapped out and are looking for resolutions.

Tx Champ ....
    what are owners doing?

9. Member
    Folks, there is a gentleman over on the Triton forum that is doing dash panel replacements for the older Triton touch pad panels. You all might contact him to see if he might be interested and/or able to provide a solution. His uid = AshmoreMarine. He is a board sponsor now.

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Tx Champ ....
    what are owners doing?
    From what I gather, most that didn't pre-purchase a conversion kit are coming up with their own wiring. I've not seen any of these other than pictures of Matt Allen's cockpit panel to see how they accomplished it. My curiosity would be breakers to protect the wiring. At least one I know of has adapted Bass Cat's A10 Touch Pad. Whatever has been done, it requires new wiring being run to the pumps, lights, etc due to the distribution for MegaLink is in the rear of the boat at the controller.

11. Member
    My touch pad does not have a touch start i do have a keyed start . I have talked to 2 guys who said they never saw that. Does any body no what amp/volt rating etc i need for rockers for bilge, pump out, horn, power, nav lights ,?

12. Member
    thnx

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    My touch pad does not have a touch start i do have a keyed start . I have talked to 2 guys who said they never saw that. Does any body no what amp/volt rating etc i need for rockers for bilge, pump out, horn, power, nav lights ,?
    Most of the Carling switches I see online for marine applications are 20A. I bought my switches from Rocker Switch Pros. I also had them do my custom actuators. They are laser etched and are back lit when turned on. Mark Miller at Select Marine Products did my switch panel.

20191017_105803a.jpg

14. Member
    Do you have pic of back side?
    Did you get new mega link? or just panel ?
    Last edited by archery1; 10-29-2019 at 11:13 AM.

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I was able to come up with a harness, breaker panel and bow panel, so I have a conversion kit less the cockpit panel and that is what I'm building. The back side is not yet wired. I just ordered wire yesterday, but I do have some pix of the backside of a panel from a kit.

20191025_161957a.jpg

20191025_162013a.jpg

20191025_162022a.jpg

20191025_162033a.jpg

16. Member
    Another board member said he had D&R Marine in Kalamazoo Mi convert his to analog a couple years ago. They had a kit but who knows if they have more available......I would also talk to Kelly Power at Ulrich Marine in Branson West. They use analog switches in the new Charger 210 & 198 and maybe those panels would work or if enough people need kits maybe he could have them made.

17. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Did I read somewhere that the rocker conversion is no longer available?

18. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Did I read somewhere that the rocker conversion is no longer available?
    That's correct.