MEGA 360 Imaging from Hummingbird

Does anyone know if you MUST use a Minn Kota trolling motor on these MEGA 360 Imaging Transducers? I don't have a Minn Kota trolling motor and need to know if I need to buy one to be able use this unit. I searched a bit online but I can't find anything calling this out. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    No on the TM, as the 360 Image pod mounts to the TM.....but you will need a "newer" model unit to run it.....guys on the HB board can tell you exactly which units will run it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Banned
    Last edited by grandbassslayer; 10-28-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: I didn't see the 360 part, just saw the mega part.

4. Member
    Need a gen 3 unit to run it

Quote Originally Posted by mcspen03 View Post
    Does anyone know if you MUST use a Minn Kota trolling motor on these MEGA 360 Imaging Transducers? I don't have a Minn Kota trolling motor and need to know if I need to buy one to be able use this unit. I searched a bit online but I can't find anything calling this out. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    There are two versions of the MEGA 360.

One is the Ultrex model that bolts to the underside of the Ultrex bow guard.

One is the Fortrex model that clamps to the upper non-rotating shaft of a Minnkota Fortrex or Maxxum.
    That one can also clamp to any other foot control, cable steer trolling motor that has the same size upper shaft. The Motor Guide X5 is one of them.
    Also Transducer Shield and Saver has an adapter sleeve that will allow attaching the Fortrex model to the upper shaft of the Motor Guide Tour (I did that for several years with the current 360).

The MEGA 360 connects to the transducer port of a Humminbird unit.
    The units that support it are the Helix G3N MEGA SI+, Helix G3N MEGA DI+, SOLIX G2 SI+, and SOLIX G2 DI+.
    Once connected to those models, it can be shared to some other units via Ethernet.
    Those models are any Ethernet capable Helix G2N, Helix G3N, SOLIX G2 CHIRP, and first generation SOLIX.

Post #1339 here has the announcement details:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....173633&page=67
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 10-28-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Thank you for responding. I have currently a Motor Guide Trolling motor. I am taking this as I can NOT use a Motor Guide trolling motor with the 360s? Does this hook up to the trolling motor somehow or does this just plug into the display on the fish finder. If its just a mounting issue i can work with that. But if I need to be using the Minn Kota trolling motor because it plugs into it somehow then I need to upgrade to that style of trolling motor.

7. Banned
    Also Transducer Shield and Saver has an adapter sleeve that will allow attaching the Fortrex model to the upper shaft of the Motor Guide Tour (I did that for several years with the current 360).

The MEGA 360 connects to the transducer port of a Humminbird unit.

Quote Originally Posted by mcspen03 View Post
    Thank you for responding. I have currently a Motor Guide Trolling motor. I am taking this as I can NOT use a Motor Guide trolling motor with the 360s? Does this hook up to the trolling motor somehow or does this just plug into the display on the fish finder. If its just a mounting issue i can work with that. But if I need to be using the Minn Kota trolling motor because it plugs into it somehow then I need to upgrade to that style of trolling motor.
    Read the third paragraph in post 5 again. You CAN attach a 360 to a Motor Guide.

The 360 is a rotating Side Imaging transducer and has nothing to do with the motor other than a mount surface.

Anything more is a connection between the motor and sonar unit whether that is a built-in sonar transducer or Ethernet connection between a Minnkota iPilot LINK and a Humminbird unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

How much trouble will it be to attached one to the Ghost or Force?

10. Member
    Thank You ALL for the help.