Toyota owners tournament

I fished the Toyota owners tournament yesterday on Pickwick, great event (and free to enter). If you ever get the opportunity to fish one it’s well worth it. The fishing wasn’t in my favor nor many of the other anglers but that’s just part of it. We made a 28 mile run to our first spot, we was boat 45 and we passed boat 1 about 20 miles into the run. It was a first class event and I will definitely plan to return the following years.

2. Member
    Sounds like a great time, if they only had them in my part of the country. I'm retired and I still don't get to fish as much as I used to. I guess I can blame part of it on the wind as well as Elephant Butte Lake has had some very tough years previously due to water draw downs and poor spawn. This time of year when I do get out I enjoy just taking a ride and maybe drop a line. Last time out I sat in the drivers seat and the wind picked up to about 30, made a run across the lake and fished for about 1 hr and decided I didn't need this. Ran back to the ramp, pulled the boat out and went home. That was about a week ago. It sucks to live 3/4 mile from the ramp and have this type of weather. Mat, I would love to spend some time in your part of the country. The one time I was there I went to the Stroker rally in Florence in 2008 with the 07 Stroker. Did a lot of running and no fishing, the Stroker was new to me and I needed to learn how to drive with other performance guys around for tips.

3. Member
    Dean there was boats from 35 states at the tournament. If you do ever make it this way again it would be great to spend some time with you on the water.

4. Member
    I would LOVE to be able to get past all the other boats within 20 miles, lol. Down here in 20 miles you can only get past about 7 or 8 maybe.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

5. Member
    Luckily the tournament was held on Sunday because Saturday we had 30+ mph winds and there’s no way I would have gotten out in that. When the water is good on Pickwick you can cover some ground in a hurry, other days you can beat the balls off a brass monkey. Somehow we was the first performance boat to blast off as there was several Bullets and at least 2 Allison’s in the field.

6. Member
    Around Palatka speed is king. Every other boat is a Bullet, a bunch with 300s. Fishing at 85 is the new norm on the St Johns.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

7. Member
    Mat, If I ever do get back to that part of the country I would enjoy that. Time will tell., Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    Dean there was boats from 35 states at the tournament. If you do ever make it this way again it would be great to spend some time with you on the water.