Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Again, really good stuff gents! I have a tournament this weekend and I am going to put some more time with it while pre-fishing. It looks like it is going to be cold muddy water. We have a front starting tomorrow with rain and won't end until Thursday evening. Water temps expected to be in the low to mid 50's.

Up north where I fish, the steady retrieve with occasional twitch or popping off grass works best, but I know in the South, aggressive violent shaking retrieve works too

3. Banned
    A couple of new ones to try... The first one has a 'scissor/2 hook deal' and the 2nd could be worth a go in Punching..

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Ledg...age-LESWC.html

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/FMTC...page-FMWC.html

The "scissor" style one looks like a recipe for dead fish. You'd have every one hooked in the tongue if not the gills....
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

I agree, that first one looks real gibberish. Someone trying to hard to reinvent the wheel.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

6. Banned
    I'm 'anal' (as it relates to rigging baits) and will take the extra time to thread a trailer on, this would just drive me batty and that is a very short putt. To my eye, that swimbait is 'foul hooked' do You cheat on the top one way and the other way on the bottom or versa visa?

Plus, I have way too much crap now that I'll never use and enough Mesu™ s to handle the most populous of 'schools'

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The Mesu is a great jig that Lew turned me on to 13 months ago. It took me a month to get good with it but now there isn’t a time of year I don’t have one on! This is a great thread and there have been some really good ones in the past.

I switch between a Craw and swimbait style trailer til I see what they want. There’s nothing better than when they’re hitting it on a slow retrieve through standing grass, or when working it through pads. To me, the less action I have to impart the better.

The great thing is that I use it both for target casting and as a search bait. Some of the strikes are vicious!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12