Hamilton Lake Fishing (Best Indiana Largemouth Lake?)

I fished Hamilton lake a couple weeks ago during the first huge cold front we had come through. That lake is a phenomenal largemouth fishery. In my opinion I think it may be the best largemouth lake in the entire state. It's just amazing the amount of bass it produces. That all sounds great, but the day I had off work to fish it was the first huge cold front. I decided to put together a video showed my thought process of finding the location and right presentation to catch some nice bass on a not so nice conditions. They certainly weren't where I expected them to be. I didn't think they would be there for another few weeks. The bonus was a DNR check while out there fishing. The nice officer gave some great information on the state of the fishery and the weed treatments they use on the lake. Hope you enjoy the video on a not so nice weather day today. Tight lines

Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    No problem. I see a lot from the southern part of the state and not too much from the northern part of the state. Thought I'd add little variety in there for those who do up north part of the state. Lots of lakes up there!

Hamilton always produces good bass for sure, has for years.
    Last edited by cubswin; 10-29-2019 at 06:33 AM.

5. Member
    Thanks for posting.

Thanks guys

SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!

2018 Cougar FTD/V8 250 Pro XS
    Colin Maple, Ft. Wayne IN
    IRONHEAD JIG Co. EST 2010

Quote Originally Posted by bassketcase05 View Post
    SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!
    lol

Does this mean you don't want to see Blue Lake or Sylvan Lake?

Quote Originally Posted by bassketcase05 View Post
    SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!
    Amen to that
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

10. Member
    Awww, Come on. Didn’t your mom teach you anything about sharing with others?

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Awww, Come on. Didn’t your mom teach you anything about sharing with others?
    lol. Jim and I tend to name all the lakes we fish. The big difference is you won't see the same lake over and over again. It's just hoping around from one to another. That way people to gang up on one lake. Hamilton with limited parking and tournaments almost every day of the week isn't going to be affected. That's for sure. The reason I started doing videos, and can't really speak for my partner Jim. I have several friends that couldn't fish anymore. This one is dying of cancer and another has had serious heart issues. Since then we've befriended a young teenager who has been battling cancer and he just loves the videos because he feels like he is out there with us when he watches them. Our goal is to get him out when he gets better. Guess the bottom line is there is more to fishing than just keeping a lake secret. Brings back memories for some, and gives hope to others.

Guys I appreciate you checking it out. Hope you have a blessed fall fishing this year!