..:: RT188 With Hydraulic Jack Plate and Power Pole? ::..

Thinking about adding a hydraulic jack plate and power pole to my RT188. Anyone on here done that? Did you lose any mph? Glad you did it? Pros/Cons?

2. Member

3. Member
    I would not do anything that would void the hull warranty. There have been a couple of these hulls develop a crack and have had to be replaced. I like having the lifetime warranty. It was very important to me when I was shopping.....not only the warranty but how Ranger handles problems. Instead of ripping the boat apart and patching it....they have mostly replaced the hulls with new hulls. The warranty was printed online at the website. I would suggest reading it. That is the only downside to what you want to do in my opinion.

I have an Ultrex on mine and have no need at all for a pole. I would add the Ultrex and then debate the real world advantages of adding the plate and keep my warranty intact for me and also if I decide to trade or sell.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

4. Member
    I have an Ultrex on mine and have no need at all for a pole. I would add the Ultrex and then debate the real world advantages of adding the plate and keep my warranty intact for me and also if I decide to trade or sell.
    Dat rite dere. Forget the plate and upgrade your electronics.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

I have a great deal on a new Micro Atlas Hydraulic jackplate listed for sale. You should check it out if you're interested.

6. Member
    The ultrex is good for deep water but for shallow water you can’t beat a talon/pp.

7. Member
    Power Pole is worth it! Use correct mount in correct location = keep warranty