New Crankbait Rod

Looking for another CB rod to throw Warts, Rock Crawlers, Bandits, etc. I LOVE my original Powell Endurance 724 CB. New models are a little stiffer and doesn’t casts as well. I like the added length of the 7+ footers. Any recommendations?

2. Member
    For rock crawlers and Bandits I use a Kistler KLX Feel n Reel 7'1" medium. The rod casts those lures great. I liked it so much I just purchased another this week. They are currently on sale!

3. Ryan Morott
    Falcon cara Mansfield rod is you can find one

4. Member
    Dobyns 705 cb glass

5. Member
    My favorite Speaking of the Dobyn's glass...I've got 3 of them.
    Last edited by rjd; 10-28-2019 at 08:32 AM. Reason: incomplete

6. Banned
    Any of the Dobyns 705 CB line, both glass or graphite. I like the graphite models.

7. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbeason View Post
    Looking for another CB rod to throw Warts, Rock Crawlers, Bandits, etc. I LOVE my original Powell Endurance 724 CB. New models are a little stiffer and doesn’t casts as well. I like the added length of the 7+ footers. Any recommendations?
    That original Endurance was really nice. I like the new one too. Considered the new MAX 703cb?? Was wondering what that one's like. Just picked up a 754cb in MAX that I really like as a deep crank rod.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Banned
    another option, and a low cost one, is a BPS Crankin Stick. AWESOME power/action! They are on sale right now too! make sure you get a MH power, not a "M" power.

9. Member
    Shimano Expride 7'2 MH Glass composite. I throw shallow and mid-depth cranks on it as well as chatterbaits and lipless cranks. It handles all of them really well. I would also highly recommend the Phenix Composite Crankbait rods.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    Shimano Expride 7'2 MH Glass composite.
    THIS!!

ALX Rods Hustler is a solid choice.

The IKOS Hustler is the perfect all-around crankbait rod. It handles cranks diving to roughly 15′ deep with ease. It also maneuvers easily around cover and the soft tip casts a mile when fishing open banks and points. Superb, buttery smooth action from the S-Glass construction while maintaining excellent sensitivity to determine crankbait placement around grass lines and bottom composition.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=nx4DPCPP-d4

12. Member
    plus 1 on the Dobyns 705

I throw mine on a Phenix X-13 and absolutely love it...perfect action for making casts while not losing fish, super light for a composite stick, great fit and finish. It's a 7'6" model, the equivalent power/action in a 7 footer would be the X-11.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post

The IKOS Hustler is the perfect all-around crankbait rod. It handles cranks diving to roughly 15′ deep with ease. It also maneuvers easily around cover and the soft tip casts a mile when fishing open banks and points. Superb, buttery smooth action from the S-Glass construction while maintaining excellent sensitivity to determine crankbait placement around grass lines and bottom composition.

Another enthusiastic vote for the ALX Hustler. Butter smooth and loads up perfectly when you are hooked up. I love this rods for all my crankbait fish'n up to 15' deep.

15. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post

If this isn't the rod, there's gotta be something else, different length, etc. Really nice selection of cranking rods.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Dobyns 705 cb glass
    By far the best crankbait rod I've ever handled.
    USMC Vet!

17. Banned
    Dobyns 704/ 705