Thread: New to me Nitro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Congrats on the rig..., enjoy it

Good color combonation!

3. Member
    If you put an ultrex on you’ll prolly need a new foot pedal tray for it to fit good. Contact Fish-on Fabrication. He can make you a custom one that will fit great. He made one for my Z9 and it was less than an off the shelf tray.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AC130Ghostrider View Post
    If you put an ultrex on you’ll prolly need a new foot pedal tray for it to fit good. Contact Fish-on Fabrication. He can make you a custom one that will fit great. He made one for my Z9 and it was less than an off the shelf tray.
    Thanks. I measured and it wont fit the current factory hole.

5. Member

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pa_bassman View Post
    LOL. Tinkering is a labor of love isn't it! Any tips on removing that seat? What did you replace it with?
    It's become my favorite hobby that's for sure!

Remove the tubs in the back compartments and everything is very accessible. I replaced it with a cutting board wrapped in 3M 1080 GP292. The 3M GP292 matches the black gel coat with flake on our boats almost perfectly. I velcrod the wrapped board down, put some anti slip strips down and bam all done. The holes that the bolts will leave can be covered with little cut outs of the GP292 as well, matches almost factory. There are endless options though, check out the stickied thread at the top of the nitro page for ideas. All in all that project cost me 40 bucks. (cutting board, 3M, velcro, non slip strips)

Enjoy the new rig while you can and start counting the days until spring.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by behls16 View Post
    It's become my favorite hobby that's for sure!

Remove the tubs in the back compartments and everything is very accessible. I replaced it with a cutting board wrapped in 3M 1080 GP292. The 3M GP292 matches the black gel coat with flake on our boats almost perfectly. I velcrod the wrapped board down, put some anti slip strips down and bam all done. The holes that the bolts will leave can be covered with little cut outs of the GP292 as well, matches almost factory. There are endless options though, check out the stickied thread at the top of the nitro page for ideas. All in all that project cost me 40 bucks. (cutting board, 3M, velcro, non slip strips)

Enjoy the new rig while you can and start counting the days until spring.
    Sounds great Thanks

8. Member
    REALLY!! I'm a fatboy to start with so more wieght is the last thing I need lol.
    Can't say I'm a 'large' guy, but certainly 20 pounds heavier than I'd like. I know my wife keeps saying I need to lose a few. But hey... after 42 years of marriage, in my 60's, after 2 neck and 2 low back surgeries (and need 1 more of each AT LEAST) working out is NOT on my list of things to do.

Speaking of weight. When you decide to add a second shallow water anchor, you'll want to stick with Power Poles. Installed weight is half that of Talons. Both are good at what they do, but the weight alone is a huge issue. PLUS... the Power Poles will move down out of your way with the touch of a button.
    No need to buy expensive fold down brackets.
    In and out of a garage, under low bridges, or just so the angler on the back of the boat doesn't have to cast over them, touch a button and you're set. Even with dual 10' Blades, my wife never has a problem with them, and she's only 5'3". Of course that's fishing off the left side of the boat. Even off the right, if they are a tad high, there's always a button within reach to lower them.

I see mentioning the seat removal. Forgive me for not knowing the answer, bud did the Z7 also have the steps between the seats that the Z9's had? THAT is one of the main reasons I bought the Z9 over everything else I was looking at a few years ago. Three wide seating WITH built-in steps on both sides of the center seat that meant nobody steps on your seats going up and down from the back deck. I don't know about you... but if someone starts walking on my seats... I'm pushing them out of the boat! Yet ALL bass boats I've ever seen that don't have a fold down center seat, (and even then some of them you still can't walk on safely) don't have a decent, SAFE, SOLID step to get up and down to/from the back deck.

I'm not saying that some don't have a solid seat back that is supposed to be a step. Because they do. But when I was looking, even folded down, that seatback had plenty of 'give' because it was just a seat folded over that wasn't totally solid. I know the new Nitro's have addressed it with a snap out center seat. No dedicated steps like before though. So you either lose your center seat for a step, or you step on your seats.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

9. Member
    Does anybody have the dimensions for the center seat space on a 2010 Z7? I want to remove the seat and put in a storage box. Looking at one from Basscat. My boat is down for its winter nap. All wrapped up so I cant get at it to measure myself.
    Thanks,
    Len

10. Member
    Congrats

11. Member
    Does anybody have the dimensions for the center seat space on a 2010 Z7? I want to remove the seat and put in a storage box. Looking at one from Basscat. My boat is down for its winter nap. All wrapped up so I cant get at it to measure myself.
    Thanks,
    Len
    Len, I'll try to find my drawing for you but in the meantime post in the stickied thread. I know someone has their blueprints with measurements.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by behls16 View Post
    Len, I'll try to find my drawing for you but in the meantime post in the stickied thread. I know someone has their blueprints with measurements.
    Thank you. Its is there. Been there for a few days with no action. There is a post with measurements but the pics are gone and it doesn't say what model or year. I have those "steps" between the seats so I dont know if that will affect the size.

I love that color combo. Sharp boat!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    I love that color combo. Sharp boat!!
    TY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12