Banned

point one calibration

I recently put a point 1 antenna on my rig, running 2 gen 2's a 12 t and 10 on the front, i calibrated the front depth finder with the trolling motor as suggested, after it read cal OK, my t 12 in-dash when i'm running the chart i can't get my pointer to go the right direction, never had this problem before an I've tried course up heading up every combination available, front is OK, my units are networked on chart so do i have to also calibrate the in=dash? tried several times but it timed out, had bad rollers on the lake an was hard to keep between 2 an 3 degrees, my pointer is either side ways are backward when running, our lake is low and scary being confused especially at night.. any suggestions appreciated...

2. Member
    Sounds like you might have forgotten to check for magnetic intereference before mounting the Point-1?

3. Member
    The calibration is for the Point 1 not the unit. You probably did the front with the trolling motor down which worked out fine. When you went to do the console, you used the big motor meaning the troller was up and all the magnets in the foot were right next to the Point 1. It will work fine while the troller is down but will probably never work while it is stowed. This is why it is always recommended to 1. Mount the Point 1 at the stern and 2. Mount the Point 1 ONLY after checking for any kind of magnetic fields near the mounting location. Solution: move the Point 1 to the stern where it belongs and recalibrate.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175