Suzuki and Lithium ion

Anybody running a Suzuki made the change from lead to Lithium cranking battery? Can’t really find any information on the internet so thought I would ask before I make the jump.
    2013 Nitro Z-9
    2019 Suzuki DF250SS
    MinnKota Ultrex iPilot Link
    Humminbird Solix SI 10 & 12
    Lowrance Carbon 12’s

2. Dustin Ray
    Yes I'm running Ionic lithium batteries with a Suzuki 250SS and love them. No issues what so ever.1- 125ah for cranking and 3- 50ah for trolling. Have never ran low on power on all day trips.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinray View Post
    Yes I'm running Ionic lithium batteries with a Suzuki 250SS and love them. No issues what so ever.1- 125ah for cranking and 3- 50ah for trolling. Have never ran low on power on all day trips.
    I'm running the same thing. No issues so far with running 2 HDS Live 12's and pumps all day. The battery seems to be charging fine in between runs and no cranking issues so far. The Ionic Lithium batteries offered by Drew Tek are legit.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

4. Member
    Thanks guys exactly what I was hoping to hear.
    2013 Nitro Z-9
    2019 Suzuki DF250SS
    MinnKota Ultrex iPilot Link
    Humminbird Solix SI 10 & 12
    Lowrance Carbon 12’s

I thought somewhere in the warranty info I thought it said warranty could be voided if a lead acid battery wasn't used?

6. Member
    I am not sure about warranty issues but I know my dealer said they would throw a trouble code. I run an AGM and have never had an issue thank goodness but I would love to put a lithium battery in there for my cranking battery!
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillS53 View Post
    I thought somewhere in the warranty info I thought it said warranty could be voided if a lead acid battery wasn't used?
    I thought this was coming from the issues with Kevin's boat and the divisional rep trying to make excuse for his issues. The manual doesn't really say you can't run AGMs either, but recommends against running maintenance free batteries.

The sad thing is that there are only a few lead acid batteries big enough to start the motor and run accessories all day. The only other option is to have a dedicated starting battery and have an accessory battery for graphs & pumps along with ones for a trolling motor. Therefore, you are up to 5 batteries in your boat which is unrealistic. Personally, use a big enough of a battery to run everything, keep the battery posts clean and connections tight, and one shouldn't have issues with lithium or AGM batteries.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Booter you maybe correct. I put a lead acid in my boat when I made the switch just to be sure it would be fine.
    My dealer also advised against Lithium for the starting motor until there is a more proven connections between the alternator and batteries.