2019 x19 Pro jackplate and prop

I’m building an X19 order and need to know whether to go with the 6” or 10” hydraulic jackplate from the factory. Boat would be outfitted with 200SHO. Any prop recommendations for balance of top end and drive quality? I may add Talons but not sure if that would impact jackplate selection. Also, Any other factory options that are a “must” on these boats? Thanks!

2. Member
    High Performance, Elite Package and Appearance Package are upgrades I went with. The hotfoot and blinker trim is really nice and I’ve heard the best hydraulic jack plate is Bobs Action Jack. They probably won’t offer that brand, search online reviews and go with the 10. The Elite Package upgrade with 3 bank charger is worth it and I love the lighted storage compartments. The Fortrex tm is great however I recently replaced it with the Ultrex. Spot lock instead of Talons. Sea deck with Appearance Package is comfortable and cleans easy. Good choice on engine, I wish I would’ve went with the V6 even though the 175 gets great mpg and runs close to 60 I’d swap it out today if I had the opportunity. Last weekend I got caught in 3’- 4’ rollers with a nasty chop in between and had to run in the valleys. Boat performed great at 28 to 35 mph with very little spray on my passenger and the ride was not rough. Great boat!
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

3. Member
    Went with a 10 in. Atlas and a 25 fXP. She will do 67 mph with two 10ft. Talons. Seadeck is a must. Put gas struts on hatches myself, Xpress wanted $160 per hatch. 3/4 in. closed cell neoprene in the cooler lids will make them actually hold ice.

You got pics of that gas strut install?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

6. Member
    Here are pics of the struts I installed, 14 in 15 lb on the rod locker and starboard rear hatch 12 in 15 lb on the starboard front hatch. Also included is a pic of my homemade windshield. By far the best addition to the boat yet stops all the buffeting coming off the consoleIMG_20191029_194325407.jpgIMG_20191029_194158475.jpg at high speed

7. Member
    Awesome windshield! Would love to have one!! Factory ws is completely inadequate.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

8. Member
    10" seem to be the sweet spot for the x19 and 21. I was going to try a 12" but after a little research I found there was no real benefit. My boat sits low enough in the back that more setback would make it lower and that would not be good! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

9. Member
    I called Xpress and they sent me the struts for the rod lockers. I don’t remember how much they were but it wasn’t much.

10. Member
    Sorry, I missed the prop question. Tbob would be your best source on a prop suggestion. As he ran his X19 with a stock 200SHO. IMHO there is probably nobody that has more experience with that setup and driving ability. In my case the Trophys have been great and my best all around prop is a Croxton 24XL4 BUT I am not stock with HP. I have a 25 trophy that runs good but doesn't have the hole shot the 24xl does. The 27 trophy is about the same with more venting required. My rig is a little too heavy for the 27. The only prop I want to try is a 25t-1. Maybe soon. Once you flash it Tbob can help you with a prop there also. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

11. Member
    10" plate
    I've tried Tempest, Trophy, TXPs and found a Solas Scorpion is by far the fastes prop on my X19. Tbob is running them also. $350 new shipped to your dooor off Ebay. They do run 1.5-2 pitches more than stamped, a 23 runs like a 25

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC