Thread: XR6 Trim Issues

USA XR6 Trim Issues

Hey Guys, this is a buddy's boat, he believes the trim relays are going bad (his mechanic installed a new pump last week), the mechanic put the boat on the water and it worked for him, my buddy got it home, it trimmed up and down a couple times, then it quit going down/only goes up now and was making a clicking noise under the cowling at what he believes are the relays?? in the picture...Cannot find a relay part# for these??? Thank you for your help....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jason Bubier
    530-230-8868 -Cell
    ajbubier@sbcglobal.net
    U.S. Army Veteran / Proud Navy Dad

2. Member
    Certainly sounds like a relay. You might go to Don's web site and look them up. They are power trim relays...
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

3. Member
    Jumped the poles this weekend and the down relay is bad, thank you for the info..
    Jason Bubier
    530-230-8868 -Cell
    ajbubier@sbcglobal.net

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Solenoid in this case.

2.5L forum (next one down the list) is where your engine is normally covered.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I figured that out a little late, thank you Don, I will be talking to you shortly..
    Jason Bubier
    530-230-8868 -Cell
    ajbubier@sbcglobal.net

6. Member
    Sierra 18-5815

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sorry Alex- we don't recommend Aftermarket components.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor