Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    Have you talked to them recently? What did they say?
    Nope, last point of contact was on the 5th from the phone call. I thought it would have been only a little over 1 week after that to get done but apparently not. I haven't had time to use the boat, even if it was fine due to the holidays, so I haven't been that concern but will definitely follow up after Thanksgiving. Maybe they are taking my boat for demo rides lol.

2. Member
    I would call then, could be done and they are waiting for you to pick it up.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    Just called them. The parts were delayed for whatever reason but it did come in eventually. They swapped it and found the motor still leaking!!!! They've contacted Mercury on how to proceed and waiting for a response. Apparently Mercury was closed for the week.

4. Member
    That sucks, hopefully that have a solution soon. Shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. I assume it’s still leaking at the drain plug?
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    That sucks, hopefully that have a solution soon. Shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. I assume it’s still leaking at the drain plug?
    That is my understanding.

I wonder if I got a lemon.

When I first got this motor. I started to install my mobile vesselview device. When I opened the cowling, I heard something fall. Turned out to be some sort of mounting flange bolt that isn't used for anything for this specific motor.
    And now this. I think whoever assembled my motor did it on a hangover Monday or rushed it on a Friday lol.

6. Member
    Finally an update. Dealer called today.
    Said theyve been going back and forth with Mercury and determined it's the oil sump. The same issues with the 150. Mercury stated there's been a few 115 reported with this issue. Not enough for a service bulletin though.

They got it on order and should be able to finish up next week.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad to see they're making some headway for you. And that's a rare, but plausible possibility.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Finally got the call from the dealer today said all looks good. Wow that was long lol. 11/1-1/9

All covered under warranty. Here's the worksheet for it. Will be picking it up tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12