Thread: prop help

Banned

prop help

I repowered to a 200 efi on my cobra 18'8.. I am running an older 24p prop ( it has small vent holes) that a friend let me borrow. I do not know what brand since it does say on it.. I am trying to figure out what prop I should be running. I am getting 5800 rmp's and running 60 mph WOT.. The hole shot is not bad and I do get some prop wash but I just back off of the throttle.. Josh at Steve's custom prop shop said a fury 24 p would be the best prop.. My question is if I go to a 24p fury am I going to get that much more out of it than I am already getting?

Is that GPS speed or a gauge, also need to know the lower unit gear ratio to of help, 5800 rpm on that boat you should be about 67 to 68 mph
    Analog, digital or smart craft for RPM?
    I would agree a 24 Fury should be close at about 57 to 5800 and 68 mph, but a 24 fury will run about 200 rpm less than most other 24 pitch props. Must have accurate speed and rpms numbers to get it right
    Also you need to verify gear ratio in lower unit, I am assuming you may have a 1.87
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Banned
    GPS speed at 60... Analog on RPM's...Gear ration is 1.87...

4. Member
    Best prop on my Cobra was a 25 Trophy, and I tried several others before coming to that conclusion. 25 Tempest was the second best.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Best prop on my Cobra was a 25 Trophy, and I tried several others before coming to that conclusion. 25 Tempest was the second best.
    Okay thanks