New member with electronics question

Hey everyone I'm new to the site. Been fishing all my life, but just recently bought my first bass boat. I need some help as I have $800 to spend on a graph at the console. I'd like it to have gps, side image, down image and all. I just haven't had enough experience with the newer electronics. A guy I fished tournaments with years ago had the 998, but I know a lot has changed. I've looked at humminbird, lowrance, and garmin. Any comments and advice would be helpful. I'd also like to get as big a screen as possible. I know it's a lot to ask for with such a small budget, but the police dont make big money.

2. Member
    If you’re looking for all the features new, helix 7 G3N SI Mega+ would fit your budget and you could possibly get a helix 8 on a deal this Christmas season. Helix are very capable units and easy to learn and use. Also, you could watch the electronics board on here, you can possibly find a really good used unit that’s a G2N and get something bigger but still has all the goodies.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Captain Paul
    I agree with Xing above. Ive got a pair of Helix 10's and I think they are hard to beat. Christmas sales are best!
    RangerBasser
    Captain Paul, USCG Captain
    Merchant Marine XO

Ranger Z22 Comanche
    Mercury 300XS Racing

4. Member
    I'm using a Helix 7 (SI/GPS) and I've been pleased with it. I'm a low pretty tech person so I'm not very demanding. I do sometimes wish for a bigger screen like the Helix 9.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

What do you have for a trolling motor? Some motors can connect to some units

6. Member
    Minnkota fortrex I dont think it will connect, but not 100%.

7. Member
    TPDB12,
    Unless SI is a must, I have a spare Humminbird 859ciHD DI with only 212 hrs with transducer saver for TM that I can part with very reasonable.
    If interested, PM me for pictures and we can work things out.

All are good ! You'll just have to keep searching for a good used unit that has all the options you want. Take your time !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

9. Member
    So Bass Pro will be having a 40% off select fish finders on Black Friday. So a $1000 Humminbird will be around $600.
    Just a thought