Zx 200 200 Yamaha sho

I’m thinking about buying a zx200 with a 200 sho .Im think about retirement and need a long term boat .New boat .All the bad things you here about the sho concerns me .Have they got any better.Would like to hear good and bad about boat and motor .Thanks

2. Member
    I have had two SHO's now. Both have been outstanding motors with absolutely no issues. A local marina that I live by has recently put SHO's on every rental boat they have - their mechanics say even the rental customers can't hurt the SHO's. Not sure if there is a better endorsement than that!

3. Member
    I have an 2002 ZX200 that I put a new SHO 200 on this spring. Both boat and motor are excellent. This motor quit "making oil" sometime between 3 and 6 hours and now has 80 hours on it. I do the suggested maintenance as scheduled and earlier, and run Ring-free in every tank. No reason why it shouldn't be as good as or better than any other motor.

4. Member
    I have a 2018 ZX200 with 200 SHO. Love the boat and so far only issues with my SHO are 1. Around a year old had an issue where the motor would die suddenly and you had to keep pumping the bulb to make it run for a little bit. Took it to dealer and was told that the lift pump was bad. They replaced it and no problems since. 2. Maybe not a problem but I've had at startup of the motor after fishing a while smoke real bad grey smoke and have no idea why. Just make sure you get the additional 3 year Y.E.S warranty.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

5. Member
    Yamaha is offering the additional 3 years of warranty now I think. great deal.

6. Member
    I'm also thinking of a ZX200. I have read several posts of people saying that the ZX's are a lower quality compared to some other brands boats.

You’ll love the ZX 200. My 2010 still looks like new. The SHO’s have been a fantastic motor after 2014. I will repower my boat with a SHO when the time comes.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I straight up like Skeeter and what they have done with their new line. I was seriously looking at the ZX200 until I started reviewing the options list. Hydraulic jack plate is not listed as an option for this model but is on the 225. Fuel capacity was another con, 36 is fine for the weekender on small water but 40 should be the minimum for a 200 class rig. This is what they mean by budget boat and it is packaged in such a way that its not upgradeable. I also heard that the epoxy they use to install the Jackplates will take galss with it if you upgrade after market hydraulic. These sound like little details that some may not care about but if I am going to keep it for a long time I might as well add the toys up front so the ZX225 became the starting point for me. Great boat and can be optioned up with all the toys right out the gate plus plenty of fuel for the longer runs.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

I bought a 2019 ZX200 earlier this year and have put 28 hours on it. So far I've got very minimal complaints. The only issue I've had is in one small spot, the very leading edge of my Hamby's is coming unglued but that'll be fixed this week. It handles good, rides good, and is plenty fast enough for me. Make sure you buy when their having the extended warranty promotion. Having 6 years of warranty is worth it.
    USMC Vet!

10. Member
    This boat has a t2 25 pitch .Seems a little big .What is the best prop . Thanks

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    My 2018 came with a 23 pitch.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post

A 23P T2 is usually standard on those boats. May want to be careful having that 200 push a 25P prop.

13. Member
    I recently purchased a 2017 ZX200. Came with Lowrance 7 units but I want to go with Garmin. Anybody have a larger unit flush mounted at the wheel? I would at least like to mount a 10” and possibly at 12” but only want to flush mount my unit. Thanks