Lake O’ The Pines Info

Had a great trip to lake O’ the pines last March and planning to try it in the fall. We are planning the trip for Nov 4th through 7th. And hoping for some pointers, schooling activity etc.
    we are 100% catch and release and not Tournament fishermen.
    Any help is appreciated.
    One of the motels we are considering is on Ellison Creek Reservoir. Is this a good Lake for Bass?

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

2. Bobby8
    Just spent 5 days on it. Give me a holler if you'd like. 210 788 8360 Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby8 View Post
    Just spent 5 days on it. Give me a holler if you'd like. 210 788 8360 Bobby
    Thanks much. I will call this afternoon after work time.

4. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    At least you'll be in East Texas

I love Lake O' the Pines! Great fishing, and big enough not to be overcrowded

Update: just got back home, good trip. Shout out to Bobby8, he called and gave me some valuable fishing tips plus how to safely navigate the lake.
    We did not fish Thursday because of the rain, but in two days, we caught and released 58 bass. Largest was 6.4 and we had a 4.7 and 4.5.
    Castaway Inn is a good place to stay, clean, WIFI, Satellite TV and plenty of parking space. Even bought my license there.
    Only negative is that there is no place to eat nearby. On the way home, we drove through Lone star and there are several Restaurants there.

Looking forward to a March trip. You guys are lucky to have a Fish and Wildlife department that does such a good job managing the resource
    Tight Lines

6. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Staying there, I could fish for weeks and never burn more than a couple gallons of fuel

Glad your trip was fun and successful

Next time your back, drive about 10 miles East to Avinger, Tx. There’s a catfish place and a steak place (Five D Cattle ). Both are really good. There’s also a place down by Johnson’s on the south end of the lake. LOP is one of my favorites.

8. Member
    Depending on where you stay, there are also very good places downtown Jefferson. But for around the lake, there’s a restaurant at Johnson’s creek that is really good.

9. Member
    I have always wanted to fish this lake. Im just north of Beaumont so its around a 3hr drive. Fork is about the same distance, so I have always gone to Fork. But its usually feast or famine on Fork, and mostly famine lol...Catch decent size, just not many fish. I know some pretty big ones have come from Pines, 2 record bass in the same month I think..13 and 15 pounders. Rayburn is less than an hour from me, so its my goto lake. How is pine in early spring?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

10. Member
    Since they published Pines in Bassmaster as some great lake, it has been full of people. Everybody thinks it is Fork. I met some guys from Indiana who took a weeks vacation to come fish it. It is my home lake and has some quality fish. But is not chock full of huge double digit fish. I normally fish during the week to avoid the crowds, but this spring/summer the lake was packed every day.

Everybody stay home. Nothing to see here.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO