Thread: Rodman Drawdown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rodman Drawdown

According to the schedule it should be on its way down with the lowest level to be obtained by November 15 at 11'. It started at 18' on Oct 15 so, I'm guessing, but it should be getting low by now.

Any update on the current status? Can you still get in through Kinwood? Or is the temporary ramp in yet? (Probably a little early for the temp ramp though)

Just thinking about going there Saturday but not sure if you can get in or not.

3. Member
    The only way in right now is Eureka.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    The only way in right now is Eureka.
    Thanks Mark. I decided against going there this past weekend. Went to Orange instead, but I should have stayed home. Not a single bite all afternoon. I must not be living right or something. I've had a terrible summer this year and hoping things will pick up soon when the water starts to cool down a little.

Rodman will be down to it's normal drawdown level in a couple weeks. (Nov 15) Hopefully they will have the temp ramp in by then.

Billy,
    Went to Orange myself on Friday and it was same way, saw movement, saw bait moving no bites, lots of wind though...

Spanky

6. Member
    Spanky, good to hear from you. I think that cold front that came in Thursday night/Friday had them shut down. I threw the entire tackle box at them and drew nothing but water. You are right though, it was windy out there. It calmed down some in the afternoon.

Thinking about trying them again this Friday. Maybe things will be settled down by then and the full moon is Tuesday the 12th.
    Last edited by Chopper; 11-06-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Spanky, good to hear from you. I think that cold front that came in Thursday night/Friday had them shut down. I threw the entire tackle box at them and drew nothing but water. You are right though, it was windy out there. It calmed down some in the afternoon.

Thinking about trying them again this Friday. Maybe things will be settled down by then and the full moon is Tuesday the 12th.
    If I get my boat back from Isle of Palms Friday (getting trailer fender fixed from Marathon blow-out) I am going on Monday (Veterans Day) to Orange again....

Spanky

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    If I get my boat back from Isle of Palms Friday (getting trailer fender fixed from Marathon blow-out) I am going on Monday (Veterans Day) to Orange again....

Spanky
    I gotta work on Monday but I have a back seat open if you want to go this Friday..

9. Member
    Hey bro hope all is well. Think I am going to drop shot Kingsley Monday since it has been years but who knows. My last two trips to orange I have caught them offshore isolated patches dragging a mag trick worm painfully slow. And I mean slow. No size but they were there.

10. Member
    What’s the membership like for this club?

kingsley was productive tuesday of this week. Soft plastic bite but all less than 5lbs. I’m still trying to get a double digit bass out of there. I’m not sure where eureka ramp is and have been thinking about Rodman. I’ve never fished the draw down so that would be an awesome experience. One of the guys I work with said that you can use the dam but I’ve never tried. Going to try green cove Springs area tomorrow. Looking for a good bite. Any suggestions?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post

Spanky

how far is orange from JAX? My CMCMD said it’s a good bream lake but he doesn’t fish for bass

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinJax View Post
    how far is orange from JAX? My CMCMD said it’s a good bream lake but he doesn’t fish for bass
    1.5 hours, Orange is great for the diversity of styles you can fish. Feast or famine kind of lake unless you live close by and can stay on top of it. The Temp ramps are open at Kenwood and Orange Springs.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    1.5 hours, Orange is great for the diversity of styles you can fish. Feast or famine kind of lake unless you live close by and can stay on top of it. The Temp ramps are open at Kenwood and Orange Springs.

Thanks for the information.

With the weather getting cooler the Jerk Bait bite may turn on, , Kingsley is always a good bet for that, so is Lowry. Jason, are you back in Jax and did you get another boat? PM me brother. Chopper, I appreciate the invite, but I have to deal with a list of stuff to do for the MIL, I will take a raincheck tho.

Spanky

Quote Originally Posted by BassinJax View Post
    What’s the membership like for this club?

kingsley was productive tuesday of this week. Soft plastic bite but all less than 5lbs. I’m still trying to get a double digit bass out of there. I’m not sure where eureka ramp is and have been thinking about Rodman. I’ve never fished the draw down so that would be an awesome experience. One of the guys I work with said that you can use the dam but I’ve never tried. Going to try green cove Springs area tomorrow. Looking for a good bite. Any suggestions?
    Watch the wind and look for grass if you can fid it. Any shell bars you find will be good as well.

Spanky

16. Member
    Auto accident changed my plans

17. Member
    I'm staying on Dunn creek for the next few days. Can I get into Rodman from here since it's drawn down?
    Also can does anyone have any advice to get on the bass bite. Any suggestions for Rodman or any other bodies of water close to me.
    I'm just a couple of rds away from Georgia Boys fish camp.
    Thanks for the help guys.

18. Member
    How are the temp. ramps at Rodman?
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scampbell View Post
    I'm staying on Dunn creek for the next few days. Can I get into Rodman from here since it's drawn down?
    Also can does anyone have any advice to get on the bass bite. Any suggestions for Rodman or any other bodies of water close to me.
    I'm just a couple of rds away from Georgia Boys fish camp.
    Thanks for the help guys.
    I have not had the time to fish south a lot lately. Went to George last week and the lake is totally different. Fish shell beds and docks. The lock is closed to Rodman during drawdown. Have to go to Kenwood or Orange springs temp ramp.

20. Member
    Temp ramps are open at both OS and Kenwood. Kenwood is easier to use, OS you be best to have a 4x4 truck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast