reputable merc tech around crystal lake IL

Have a family member who has a 3 month old triton with the 115hp ppro xs 4stroke and needs a reputable shop to winterize around the nw suburbs.

What say you BBC ILL?

Don’t take it to Cabelas, they over filled my lower unit two years in a row leaked at the fill plug after a long road trip. Told them about it they said it wasn’t possible even argued with me about gapping plugs on my 200 Pro XS. Tech told me you don’t gap the plugs on those motors. Even though Don in the Merc forums posted it straight from Mercury. I started taking mine to Tanglewood marine down in St Charles. I know it’s a haul but they are quick but you will pay a little more but it’s worth it in my opinion.

3. Member
    Check the lower unit fluid make sure there’s no water in there and put stabil in the gas run it for 10 min. And put it away. I never have winterized a motor.

4. Member
    I'd recommend Dan at Marine Engine and drive in West Chicago personally over Tanglewood. He is retiring in a couple of months though. He'll save himself a lot of money over the long haul by learning how to do it himself though. I put mine in storage last Saturday and I don't think it took me an hour to do. Mines a 2 stroke ProXS so I didn't have to change the engine oil but that can't be rocket science. Probably been 10 years since I had someone do it for me.

5. Member
    Tanglewood marine is a solid choice