Thread: MLF Raleigh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MLF Raleigh

Has anyone heard if MLF is coming back to Raleigh? Rumor is Raleigh wouldn't pay what they did last year.

2. Member
    Haven't heard anything but with all tv coverage on Harris wouldn't surprise me . Jordan and falls barey mentioned.

3. Banned
    I heard they were planning another trip early this year but don't know if the plan fell though. I wouldn't be surprised because Harris is the one that got all the TV coverage.

4. Member
    MLF will not be in Raleigh next year. MLF Anglers specifically requested to return to Raleigh but Raleigh actually decreased their sponsorship dollar offer and would not even match this year's amount. MLF was looking for an increase based on turnout, economic impact, feedback, etc.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbill View Post
    MLF will not be in Raleigh next year. MLF Anglers specifically requested to return to Raleigh but Raleigh actually decreased their sponsorship dollar offer and would not even match this year's amount. MLF was looking for an increase based on turnout, economic impact, feedback, etc.
    I said this on the thread about this in the main forum. They should pay us to come here since we had to have the biggest avg fish of everywhere they went that I saw. We know how good these lakes are and could care less if the MLF (or any major trail) comes here.

What does it really do for our economy? It did a lot for Johnny Morris's "economy". It will not move the needle when it comes to tourism at all. I went to BPS while this last one was going on and its not like I saw out of state plates all over. I bet the "non local" money spent was menial.

I bet if you really got down to it an MLF here doesn't even generate a $100K for the local economy. There is not a mass coming from out of state booking up all the local hotel rooms causing more hours for the employees in the industry. Downtown Raleigh did not see anything from it. I drive Uber for the heck of it really and drove those days just to see if I got any rides from people related to the MLF being here, not a single ride. I sat in and around BPS and the hotels in the area several of which had competitor rigs there. Here id the truth, I asked everyone that rode with me that eve and night and not a single person knew there was a fishing tournament in town.

With the way MLF is done it is just not a spectator event. Why would Ral pay for them to be here when it just will not make a diff at all but to a very, very few.... If any....

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    I said this on the thread about this in the main forum. They should pay us to come here since we had to have the biggest avg fish of everywhere they went that I saw. We know how good these lakes are and could care less if the MLF (or any major trail) comes here.

What does it really do for our economy? It did a lot for Johnny Morris's "economy". It will not move the needle when it comes to tourism at all. I went to BPS while this last one was going on and its not like I saw out of state plates all over. I bet the "non local" money spent was menial.

I bet if you really got down to it an MLF here doesn't even generate a $100K for the local economy. There is not a mass coming from out of state booking up all the local hotel rooms causing more hours for the employees in the industry. Downtown Raleigh did not see anything from it. I drive Uber for the heck of it really and drove those days just to see if I got any rides from people related to the MLF being here, not a single ride. I sat in and around BPS and the hotels in the area several of which had competitor rigs there. Here id the truth, I asked everyone that rode with me that eve and night and not a single person knew there was a fishing tournament in town.

With the way MLF is done it is just not a spectator event. Why would Ral pay for them to be here when it just will not make a diff at all but to a very, very few.... If any....
    Totally aggree with this...word for word...
    dont get me wrong the Recent show on MLF showing Harris and Jordan tanks was AWESOME...!!! but, it Made MLF more money than it brought Raleigh...Thats a fact...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

7. Member
    Yeah pretty weird they are expecting cities to put up $$ for them to come. I mean I guess they don't have much way to generate revenue so they take whatever they can get, but don't see much of a benefit to Raleigh (or any local government) paying them to come. Hell if anything it just draws more attention to our excellent fisheries which are already pretty damn crowded on the weekends.

Yep...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lobo View Post
    Yeah pretty weird they are expecting cities to put up $$ for them to come. I mean I guess they don't have much way to generate revenue so they take whatever they can get, but don't see much of a benefit to Raleigh (or any local government) paying them to come. Hell if anything it just draws more attention to our excellent fisheries which are already pretty damn crowded on the weekends.
    Exactly.......I hope they never come back to NC again or anywhere I like to fish. It would be fine with me if mlf went bankrupt. I liked it a lot when it was just a few guys fishing in the off season.....now it's just stupid. Falls, Jordan and Harris get fished to death as it is, then to deal with a ton of out of towners on top of it that come to Harris a very small lake. Although I don't fish either of them much any more I feel for the guys that do. Glad they didn't go anywhere that I like to fish.

10. Banned
    They are use trying to use the same method as companies and sports teams when they move in and want you/city/county/state to pay for everything and then they do not pay any taxes or just a tad of what they should pay. It is all a big game to them.

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    looks like they worked something out https://majorleaguefishing.com/featu...F6v_tJDyWWaBRQ
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    Damn them! Stay off my LAKES! LOL
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

13. Banned
    Well so much for the hear say.... was hoping they wouldn’t come. I don’t think I can listen to Marty stone say lake Jordan one more time.

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    yep way to many out of state plates showing up at the ramps
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    I'm betting someone realized just how good things were and they could not pass up a second chance at those lakes. Now we start the pool to see if we can go three years in a row. :-)

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbill View Post

well...I guess your information was wrong lol

17. Banned
    It is about a week latter than this year's tourney. Could be a little better depending on how the weather/water goes.

figures...

however, why does no one seem to hit KENTUCKY lake around the 1st of june anymore to experience the offshore fiasco?
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

I was hoping they were not gonna be back....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

20. Banned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast