Flat rubber for jigs

Does anyone know what rubber Andy’s Custom finesse jig has? Is it fine or medium strand?

Thanks.

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    medium???

3. Member
    I've only saw two types of flat rubber, and that is regular flat rubber and square rubber. The flat rubber is newer and it is basically the same width and thickness as silicone. The other is square rubber or what is now called "old school" square rubber which is square. Fine and medium grade usually refers to round rubber which is different from flat or square rubber. Andy's calls the stuff on that jig "fine" flat rubber which I believe is the old school square rubber and I think that is it because the square rubber is a little thicker than silicone but not quite as wide. Flat line rubber has almost the same profile as silicone, now if you can find flat rubber that is listed as "fine cut", well that is what you use.

4. Member
    There are actually 4 grades of the old living rubber, regular or medium grade which is the most popular, fine grade, heavy grade and one that’s about a 1/4 inch wide like the old Tarantula spinnerbait made by Bass Buster. The first three are pretty much square cut. Andy’s is the closest thing to it today and is a good product.

Barlows has flat rubber in fine and medium. I could order both and see how they look.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabes1 View Post
    Barlows has flat rubber in fine and medium. I could order both and see how they look.
    All I see at Barlow's is round rubber. As I said before, I never found flat or square rubber in any type of grade, only round rubber and it is fine, medium, and heavy. When LPO was called Stamina, they sold "regular" round rubber which is the same as what is called medium from other places I've purchased it from. Andy refers to the rubber on his jig as "fine flat" rubber but to me it looks like old school square rubber. There is rubber sold called flat line rubber, it is the same size as normal silicone which isn't what is used on Andy's jigs. If there are different grades of flat or square cut rubber I'd appreciate it if someone could point out where to buy some as I've only ever used the round rubber and old school square.

EDIT: I found the stuff you want but it is sold out right now...………https://www.lurepartsonline.com/Old-...-Flat-Rubber-5
    Last edited by Smalljaw67; 10-26-2019 at 06:07 AM.

The rubber on the Andy's jig is fine cut square living rubber. (Often called frogs hair)
    That material hasn't been made since 2003.
    It is the original material, not the new material called old school flat rubber.

I have alot of the old fine cut square rubber still!
    If you are looking to match the Andy's jig material wise I can sell you the right material.

Paul

PROUD BBC SPONSOR