Thread: 1996 21 XD

Question 1996 21 XD

I know I asked this question about an 04 21xd but I'm looking at a 96 21xd and am wondering the same question. Is the hull and top cap layout about the same as what they are producing today. It looks the same to me but am putting that out here to the experts.

Thanks in advance for answers..

Miles

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesCoffin View Post
    I know I asked this question about an 04 21xd but I'm looking at a 96 21xd and am wondering the same question. Is the hull and top cap layout about the same as what they are producing today. It looks the same to me but am putting that out here to the experts.

Thanks in advance for answers..

Miles
    The 96 would have been stock with fold down seats , flat decals , no rod organizers , old style flat black switch panels,trigger latches through out the boat, Flat splashwell, changes to the transom bracing configuration came in 96 as well. The 04 would be more updated in options and accessories and reinforced for 3 liter motors

3. Member
    So is 250HP the max on the 96? It does look like the casting deck and rear deck sit a little lower than the top of the cap as the 04 and newer ones look. Or is that just an optical illusion?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesCoffin View Post
    So is 250HP the max on the 96? It does look like the casting deck and rear deck sit a little lower than the top of the cap as the 04 and newer ones look. Or is that just an optical illusion?
    The 21XRD and 21RDC have the raised deck which gives you more storage depth and 1 1/2" gunnel lip on the front deck for flipping , Both models also have the step lid moved back 11" and consoles raised which accommodates the newer bucket seats and also gives the driver more leg room from the bottom of the console.
    Last edited by Bullet_10; 11-08-2019 at 07:28 AM.