Helix/360/ipilot link question

Hey everyone. I’m switching from garmins over to birds. Just have a few questions. As of now I have,

helix 10 gps chirp g2n at the bow
    Helix 9 di g2n console
    ideally trying to end up with another 12 at console and a 10 at bow in addition to what’s already there .

getting an ultrex with link and 360 over winter

I understand the deal to network needing Ethernet and the switch box. My question is I want to have mega up front and at console. Can I just buy one mega unit and run the mega transducer at transom and share to other console unit and run a ultrex msi and network all together to select to use which transducer for what unit? Or do I need 2 mega units to have mega up front and at console I do a lot of electric only lakes and really like having si up front from tm transducer. Ideally I’d like to only have to buy one mega unit and the other could be another gps one and just network all together and chose transducers. Thanks and sorry if it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

We kinda gotta wait and see how good the mega 360 is .... it may eliminate the need to have a SI unit on the bow. You are going to need a G3N mega SI+ or DI+ unit at the bow if you want to have the mega 360 up there.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    I’m fine with standard 360. Just want mega si back and front.

4. Member
    If you want Mega Si up front to use the Mega Si from the Ultrex Mega Si transducer, you will need a G3N mega up front, as a SI transducer needs to be hooked to a SI unit before it can be shared. If you want SI at the Console to use a transducer at the stern of the boat, you will also need a G3N Si mega unit at the console. If you get the mega 360 at the bow, you won' t need SI at the bow, but will still need a DI mega unit. If you want the original 360 up front, but want to use the SI from the stern, then you do not need a Mega unit up front, just a networkable, but then you would not be able to take advantage of the SI transducer in the ultrex that you said you would like to get.
    Last edited by densik; 10-23-2019 at 09:21 AM.

5. Member
    That answers it all. Thank you so much!!