Thread: Hambys Repair

Hambys Repair

Cleaning my boat up this weekend and found a spot where my Hamby's is starting to peel. Seems to be only the very edge peeling. What do you guys recommend. I don't mind fixing it myself if it's a simple fix but I also have no problem taking it back to the dealer.
    USMC Vet!

2. Member
    I had one peal a few years back. It was failing worse than this but it was a NIGHTMARE to get the residue off so I could put a new one on. I ended up taking it in and paying the $200. I expect even if you fix that spot it will get worse over time. Sorry I dont have better news. Once I replaced mine it never failed again.

Quote Originally Posted by benjamcl View Post
    I had one peal a few years back. It was failing worse than this but it was a NIGHTMARE to get the residue off so I could put a new one on. I ended up taking it in and paying the $200. I expect even if you fix that spot it will get worse over time. Sorry I dont have better news. Once I replaced mine it never failed again.
    I guess if all else fails the boat is brand new and I'll let the dealer deal with it.
    USMC Vet!

4. Member
    i had one start to come off i think it was my fault i ran into ice in the spring and caused to come off at the bow i used west merine sys adhsive i thing it was 101 I clean with sand paper taped off the area made a v block put the block agents' the keel Gard left it overnight steel Holden 2 years later

Talked to the guys at Hamby's today and they advised to just get a little epoxy and seal it since it wasn't bad. Going to try that first.
    USMC Vet!