Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How late are you guys fishing this season?

I put my boat away just after Halloween last year. Went five months until spring. Not going to do that again. Just curious how late everyone else is staying out this year.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Usually put my bass boat away the first or second week in December.
    I use my pelican until I can't break through the ice anymore.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    I'm going Sunday, probably to newfound or someplace similar. If the fishing sucks like it has for me the past few months boat is done and put away. If fishing is even mediocre then I will wait longer..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    I'm going Sunday, probably to newfound or someplace similar. If the fishing sucks like it has for me the past few months boat is done and put away. If fishing is even mediocre then I will wait longer..
    I will probably see you out there then as long as the wind is reasonable. I will continue until freezing the motor becomes an issue.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

I will fish until it is time to go snowboarding. Weather permitting...

6. Member
    I'll go til there's ice even down on Cape Cod. Fished on Newfound December 30th of last year. Cape was still open the first 3 weeks of January but something came up those three straight weekends that kept me from getting down there, then it all iced over til sometime in February. Didn't get back out til March 17th though. Hoping to only go 8 weeks without being on the boat this winter, that's the goal.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    I will fish until it is time to go snowboarding. Weather permitting...
    Once it gets below freezing for a few days I'm done. I love ice fishing as you do snowboarding too much to risk hurting the boat. By dec 5 I will be pounding the hard water somewhere. Though the cape has always haunted my dreams of fishing in my boat in Feb. Honestly this year I may drag the boat to SC in feb and visit my uncle for a few days and fish just to say I did.

8. Member
    I'll be going until southern NH ices in. Last year's late-season was good enough to keep me motivated.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    I'll be going until southern NH ices in. Last year's late-season was good enough to keep me motivated.
    Late season wasn't great for me, but I've barely done it, so I look forward to getting more time on the water at that time of the year to get more practice. Didn't mind getting my butt kicked one bit though. The absolute solitude on the water that late in the year is worth suffering in the cold a bit.

10. Banned
    Fish all year round here in NC. I love to fish in the winter time myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Fish all year round here in NC. I love to fish in the winter time myself.
    I don’t believe anybody asked you....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    I don’t believe anybody asked you....
    now there's some old NH love but he's right, I never put the boat away down here either I miss family and friends but not the snow, cold and ice. Direct tv keeps me close to the teams , go Pats !

13. Member
    Fished massabesic today and was shocked as the water was somewhere between 54 and 57, difference between Bird and Lowrance. Really just wanted to run stabilizer through the motor in case this was the last trip. And no it wont be ........ Didn't fish for long for bass as I was in need of some crappie for a fish fry but did manage 1 largemouth about 3 lbs.

14. Member
    If we get ice around here, we will drive to the Cape and try to look for some of the ponds that don't ice over as fast ?
    In 2012 we fished all year long and caught 2367 bass, we would have 70 bass days on the Cape..

15. Member
    49 degree water temp in Antrim today, got 8 on the jerkbait, nothing over 2#.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    49 degree water temp in Antrim today, got 8 on the jerkbait, nothing over 2#.
    It is Nov. and if you can get any bass now it's great ..

Quote Originally Posted by red tzx 190 View Post
    It is Nov. and if you can get any bass now it's great ..
    Pretty much how I feel. Any fish at this time of the year is a bonus.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Going out tomorrow, probably last day. Time to shred the gnar...

19. Member
    Got out yesterday to southwestern corner of the state, water was still 49-50 degrees. We only caught 4 all day, I had three of them. Wind didn't help. Only 3rd time I've ever been to this place, felt good going into it, but just couldn't put together a pattern. Weird year continues to be weird, I may pack it up earlier than originally planned. Tough to stay out there and feel good, stay positive, and not let your focus drift to how cold you are when you're only getting 3 bites in 8 hours.

Saturday my usually farm pond as Snoovy calls it ..4 hour trip 7 bass for me 3 for my buddy .. biggest around 3.5.. pickerel were out in force !!

Cold snap and snow coming so that might screw things up good

Don’t really feel like I need a break this year so might travel to open water if I can find it over the next few months

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast