Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    All my friends bailed today so draining lower unit fluid as we speak..... Chase those 4 legged creatures and pound the hard water from here on out..

Water temp was 46 today.
    We got 4 with a 3 pound smallmouth and a 4.11 lg being the best.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    Tim, that's a good day, 4 bass along with a 3 and a 4.11... yup that's a good time on the water in Nov.

We had a great time.
    The fish were stacked up but only a couple wanted to play.
    Anthrax

5. Member
    Water temp 39 at the launch, 44 in the lake. Got 6 on the Cutter in 4 hrs, biggest 2-2. fish were shallower that they've been for a couple of weeks (8'-10' vs 10'-15').

Bigger fish - nice going Tim.

I might be done with the bug for the year, glad I drained the lu, 1/3 water found a little line on the prop, but noticed there was no little orange o-ring on the screw. Last time I let someone else do that job! Good job catching those fish today you guys! looks like there might be some early ice this year.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

7. Member
    Jane is doing better, we are going to try and get to one of our bog ponds today ?

Quote Originally Posted by red tzx 190 View Post
    Jane is doing better, we are going to try and get to one of our bog ponds today ?

Good luck you two , glad your feeling better Jane
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by red tzx 190 View Post
    get the net ready Ev.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

10. Member
    I didn't get out this past weekend, but I'll be at it for the remainder of the year, just like last year.

Anyone know what the water level looks like on Newfound? I guess it's waaaay lower than normal. Guy I know went the previous weekend, and said he had the back tires on his trailer completely off the bottom of the ramp before his boat would float off. That's way lower than I've ever seen for that lake. I'd like to go up for another shot or two at smallies before the water gets too cold.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yanknbass View Post
    get the net ready Ev.
    Greg, thanks for telling me to have the net ready. I think we fished for over 1 hour with no fish ?
    Then I ( Everett) caught a 8 in. bass on a shallow running crank bait and got the skunk out of the boat. our water temp was 44. and we had some wind that moved us into some water that was just over 45.
    Well now Jane has a fish on and I could tell it was more then 8 in, so I got the net, Greg, she caught a 3 lb 5 oz.bass. well at 3:30 as we put the crawdad back in the truck to go home, I had 6 bass and she had 7 for 13 bass for the day. All but one bass were all caught on the secret baits the Tim had got for us last year. Thank you Tim
    Now we all have some very bad weather on the way with some very cold temps. Play safe out there the water is getting cold......

Nice work Jane ....you too Everett.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

13 sounds like a great day. Glad you had a good time
    Anthrax

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    I didn't get out this past weekend, but I'll be at it for the remainder of the year, just like last year.

Anyone know what the water level looks like on Newfound? I guess it's waaaay lower than normal. Guy I know went the previous weekend, and said he had the back tires on his trailer completely off the bottom of the ramp before his boat would float off. That's way lower than I've ever seen for that lake. I'd like to go up for another shot or two at smallies before the water gets too cold.
    When i was there 2 weeks ago it was about 2 tiles from the end of the ramp. From what i gathered from a couple a couple of people over there is they are dropping it 3-4 feet. I could probably take run over there Saturday afternoon since i have to go to Plymouth anyway.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    When i was there 2 weeks ago it was about 2 tiles from the end of the ramp. From what i gathered from a couple a couple of people over there is they are dropping it 3-4 feet. I could probably take run over there Saturday afternoon since i have to go to Plymouth anyway.
    Thanks for the offer, but don't bother. The place just isn't fishing right from many reports. I think I'll head down into Mass for the next few weeks and see what I can find down that way. I really want to chase some smallies, but I don't have any confidence at the moment going to the lakes region.

16. Member
    I hear yah. The last time i was there i was fishing a 17' hump and the bait fish would black out my sonar the way down, i would look over the side and the water was brown with bait and nothing. That bait pod would move off and another one would come in and same thing. It was fishing really hard.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

17. Member
    I'm done, as of yesterday at Massasecum.
    20191116_154740[1].jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    I'm done, as of yesterday at Massasecum.
    20191116_154740[1].jpg

Well that sucks. I'm not looking forward to this at all....
    Anthrax

Our water dropped over 10 degrees over the week WTF

photoupload

20. Member
    Took Friday off and drove to 7 different ponds. 3 of them were completely frozen over, 2 just had the launch iced in, 1 the water was drawn down too low I couldn't float my boat off the trailer, and finally got lucky at Potanipo on my last shot. Skunked there, only had 2 hours to fish by the time I got back. I hate that place...

Went to the Walpole section of the Connecticut River and had to smash through 30 feet of inch thick ice to launch. Worth it though, caught 5 smallies and a walleye, and my friend Kristen caught 2 smallies and a walleye. Water was 36-37 degrees. Blade bait, dropshot, and swimbait got it done today. I'll either head to Newfound or Merrymeeting next weekend, then depending on how that goes, may head toward the cape after that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast