Xi5 Mounting question

I sold my 2005 Motorguide foot control trolling motor to get spotlock with a new Xi5. I had the real large Gator Mount and I'm sending the boat to the fiberglass shop to have all of the old mounting holes filled in. Then it is on to mounting the Xi5. I am considering a removable mount like Motorguide's 8M0092063.
    https://bbgmarine.com/motorguide-qui...mposite-white/

Looking for those with experience with this mount? Your impressions? Any flex? Noisy? Start-up rattles or creaks? THANKS!
    Now a widower. I miss you Robin.

2. Member
    That is the correct mount to have in the XI5. they do come in Black or white. You will have to drill new holes. There is a template on the box to help position the bracket correctly on the boat so the XI5 will mount correctly. Make sure that the steering module clears the gunnel.

3. Member
    So Xi5 doesn’t share the same bolts holes with old MG TM?

4. Member
    Another quick thing to note, the black quick release mount is aluminum, the white one is composite.

I have the black one, works fine. No creaking or noise of flex. It is pretty beefy.

5. Member
    I have the Xi5 on my boat and I used a LiftSaver Plus Quick Detach Trolling Motor Mount for a MotorGuide, Minn Kota Ulterra it is available on Ebay. It works great you pull a couple of pins and it will raise up and retract back which will allow the trolling motor to miss the front roller on the boat trailer due to the steepness of the ramp. The mount comes with a base plate that you can drill the mounting holes to match what is on your boat now. Mine is matchedto the X5 motorguide mounting holes that was in my boat.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/m6AAA...~Zs/s-l500.jpg
    Last edited by hekistner; 10-27-2019 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Add picture and link
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    So Xi5 doesn’t share the same bolts holes with old MG TM?
    No it does not. Totally different mount.

7. Member
    Do not use the composite mount. It is a question of "when" your TM comes flying of the boat, not "if". Use the aluminium one.

If in doubt, this is what an Xi5 looks like on its way to bottom.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Do not use the composite mount. It is a question of "when" your TM comes flying of the boat, not "if". Use the aluminium one.

All that is left to do is

9. Member
    I could probably snag it for you . I get hung up on everything.
    Good luck with the retrieval.
    Wes

10. Member
    Depth in meters, not feet. ;) It was never retrived. Not my TM though, my teammates. (We are a five-man team.)

He hit a wave doing only 25 knots or so, and off it went. Tipped forward on the impact, the cables snapped right off and it was gone before he knew what happened. Now think what that can do to you in 30-40-50-60 knots if it goes the other way towards you.
    Last edited by Team Colibri; 10-24-2019 at 02:44 PM.

11. Member
    I know I'm late to the party, but if you haven't already bought a mount you may want to look at the Motorguide Universal Quick Release Bracket 8M0095972. It's aluminum and very strong and sturdy. It's more expensive but I did not have to drill any new holes and I was upgrading from the same Gator Flex mount with a 2005 Motorguide Tour series 70lb thrust. You definitely want to get something quick release because you'll more than likely have to remove it everytime you load and unload the boat.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post

AwwwHell.... ain't but 50'(or so) deep. strip down n' jump in and get it! Be sure to take deeeeeep breath first! Dang sissy....

13. Member
    The water was 6,9 degrees celcius (44F). I gladly accept beeing a whimp if it means I don’t have to go for a swim in that water.

14. Member
    I have the quick release Black aluminum and love it !!

15. Member
    A few people on Amazon say the aluminum one is fragile as well, probably due to it’s made of cast aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I have the quick release Black aluminum and love it !!