New Personal Best

Took her out last weekend to get some more seat time and play with the props. I put the 27 Fury on and made a few runs..She was still pulling but started walking fast and hard, and I backed out of it...Still learning what the boat likes and does not like. She has been 84.1 with previous owner with a full load...I was hoping to hit 80 on this trip, so was pretty close. A little more seat time and I will be there.

IMG_7561.jpg
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    That's hauling the mail for sure.

Very nice !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Next time out don't go to full trim before you open it up. Mash the pedal then slowly start bumping the trim up. When I was learning my 721 that's what I did. It'll start walking slowly that way instead of all at once.
    Starts walking, catch it until you're smooth, bump again, repeat

5. Member
    That's what I did, had it flat out, then bumped the trim a little and let it gain speed til it stopped gaining, then bumped it up a little again. There was no warning at all when the chine came in, and it came in too fast to correct or prevent it. I need to try the process with the JP at diff heights and see what I can get out of it. I had the JP set right at 3 on the Bobs gauge. Im going to take the boat to wally world parking lot where its flat and even, and see what the P2P is on diff dots on the JP Gauge so I will know how high the motor is. When I ran the 27 Bravo I had it at 3.25 dots and that helped the chine from when I ran it lower.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

If you are one a wide enough body of water you can keep the wheel ever so slightly to the left and that slight drift to the left will keep it from walking too as you learn it

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

7. Member
    That works at lower speeds, but at almost 80 in comes in too hard and fast to prevent or correct. I think I have the motor too low and its lifting the boat out of the water.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    If you are one a wide enough body of water you can keep the wheel ever so slightly to the left and that slight drift to the left will keep it from walking too as you learn it
    This is a good way to learn...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    WOW!! That's scooting!!

Update....I thought this was a 250proxs at first, got me excited.
    Either way thats moving!