Question Really stupid Ultrex question

I often end up in really shallow water where it’s necessary to lift the trolling motor off the bottom so I can operate the TM prop just under the water until I clear enough room to drop the TM back down. I’m guessing I’m lifting the motor/prop anywhere from 6” to a foot.

Can you do that with an Ultrex? I heard it needs to be fully deployed to work.

Thanks
    RT188, 115 ProXS

2. Member
    You can do that with the Ultrex. It does not have to be fully deployed to work.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    I do it all the time, it works totally fine.

4. Member
    If you are doing this often, the Ulterra might be a better option. Power trim up and down.

5. Member
    My Ultrex does have to be fully deployed to work. In one of my tournaments I ran 2 hours to fish a creek and forgot that you can’t lift the motor and keep the prop barely under the surface. You could loosen the collar and raise the shaft to the desired level. I have the 360 so that was not a option. Had to find fish deeper. Still a great motor!!

6. Member
    My Ultrex runs if you pull it up to clear shallow spots. Just did it a few times last weekend for a tournament.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

7. Member
    no probolems pulling mine up and running it just under the surface while doing the dance

8. Member
    no problem lifting it for shallow water. The motor doesn't shut off until the motor just about touches the bracket. I lift it clear out of the water to run it in the air inorder to clear weeds from the prop

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    no problem lifting it for shallow water. The motor doesn't shut off until the motor just about touches the bracket. I lift it clear out of the water to run it in the air inorder to clear weeds from the prop
    +1 on top of that the lack of torque steer is great in that situation

10. Member
    Not a problem. It only cuts off if you lay it almost completely back on the mount. Or at least more than half way to the mount. I have actually picked mine up several times while I had it spotlocked. Causes a commotion for sure.

11. Member
    Yeah I picked up mine high enough to destroy my prop on the boat. Lol. Won't do that again

12. Member
    Mine works when lifting up a little.