Thread: 899 Trouble

899 Trouble

So my current setup is a 899 on the console, 859 on the front, terrova i pilot link all networked through the hub. I have all the units on the latest software. My 899 locks up whenever its hooked to the network. Sometimes it doesnt lock up but runs super slow and when you shut it off it hangs and never powers down. ALL of these issues go away when I remove it from the network. I have switched the units and the issue persists with only the 899. I have switched the ports on the hub for the 899 with no change also.

I am thinking there is something wrong with the unit, but thought I would ask before I am "forced" to upgrade lol.

It be corrupt waypoints ..... When you connect it to the network it is going to try to share waypoints to/from the other unit.

You could export your waypoints and bring them into HB PC to make sure you have a good backup ..... and then format the Nav directory and reconnect to the network to see if it makes a difference .... I would do both units one at a time.

If formatting the nav directory helps, use HB PC to scan the waypoints and look for duplicate names or special characters that shouildn't be there. Once you clean it up send it back to a clean SD card and bring back into the unit.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N