HDS 12 shuts off

Need some advice. I have a HDS 12 mounted flush on the bow of my 18 Ranger. As i run down the lake and bounce around it will some times shut off and I need to restart.
    the connection all seam tight and looks all good under the bow panel? My second Problem is whenever it get wet from raining or a wave over the front it will lock up the screen. I have sent this back 2X for replacement and still getting the same issue. Any advice or some suggestions would be very helpful Thank you Guys

2. Member
    1. This is typically an electrical problem, start by changing the connections & wires close to the unit and work your way backwards to the battery.
    2. Three times in a row sounds user-related (since you are not getting the same HDS back each time, so this is your third unit). Might very well be related to your first problem. What is the screen overlay of voltage reading, and is it stabile or does it bounce up and down?

3. Member
    As colibri said it probably in your wires I would just redo the connection at where you power cord is attached to your main harness. I use butt splice the shrink wrap them for t o reasons one to help make it water tight and two the shrink wrap makes the butt splice less flexible so your wire will not break or ground out