Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

How has everyone found the fishing the last few weeks?

Just curious about how everyone is doing out there catching bass, is it been tough for everyone?
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Everything i have seen has had no rime or reason to it. You can catch them if you cover water but that has been it. We even had a hell of time finding bait balls. We might find a bait clump but that was about it.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

3. Member
    Just weird in my opinion. Fished on the 13th targeting smallmouth. Water was around 61F. Was catching largemouth in 35 fow. Graphed deeper for smallies and every baitball I found with bigger fish near by I dropped to and only caught white perch....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    Everything i have seen has had no rime or reason to it. You can catch them if you cover water but that has been it. We even had a hell of time finding bait balls. We might find a bait clump but that was about it.
    Same experiences for me. I don't know what is going on and I don't really know many others that do either, except for a handful of people seemingly still killing it up in Maine. Gotta be a combination of the drought and something else that most of us can't put a finger on. So many past years I've had excellent days when factors X, Y, and Z line up...and yet this year, they're just not there when those factors align. You try and make some small changes to your approach or where you're looking in those instances, and they're still not there to be found.

I thought last year was tough. I'd gladly take last year over this year. Just a wild wild year...

5. Member
    Was on Kezar the end of Sept for a week. Did not catch one single fish in spots where we caught them the previous 2 years. No deep fish at all. We just put the motor on a higher speed and cruised the banks. H2O temp at the time was middle 60s.

Fished South Wattupa last week and only 1 fish. Found bait for 10 minutes and it all disappeared.

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Long Pond has been fishing very tough for the last month or so ,really don't know what is going on has me stumped

8. Banned
    It's the Googans. They are responsible for everyone's bad fishing skills.

9. Member
    Was on Longie Friday, couldn't find any good size bass, even though had plenty of baitfish around.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Mike, tough to catch them when your running at 70 mph….lol glad to see you made it out

11. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Well last 2 weekends have been tough for me and others fishing the same bodies of water , water temps still in the 55 to 58* range ,fished a total of 11 hours on 2 different bodies of water and managed 1 keeper and 1 short and a pickerel no good at all,getting real cold this weekend hope it changes something

12. Member
    The fishing in Central Maine has been fantastic. The past 2 weekends have been crazy. 10/26 my buddy & I had 58 keepers with the biggest going 6.25 pounds (fish #40). 11/3 back at the same pond with another buddy, we had 62 keepers & 6 brown trout. This weekend with the cold weather, we're going to fish the blade bait deep for smallies.

13. Member
    Most likely due to little pressure and especially minimal tournament activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zpilot View Post
    Most likely due to little pressure and especially minimal tournament activity.
    I hear it is from less shoreline development and thus less pollutants like septic and fertilizer from green manicured lawns.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley-Maine View Post
    The fishing in Central Maine has been fantastic. The past 2 weekends have been crazy. 10/26 my buddy & I had 58 keepers with the biggest going 6.25 pounds (fish #40). 11/3 back at the same pond with another buddy, we had 62 keepers & 6 brown trout. This weekend with the cold weather, we're going to fish the blade bait deep for smallies.
    That's awesome man. Whereabouts in Maine? Like, what area in central Maine? Such as, what lake were you fishing? And what spots??? All joking aside, I know a few other guys that have been fishing that same area the last few weeks and saying the same thing, they've been killing it.

16. Member
    [QUOTE=603bass;10635176]That's awesome man. Whereabouts in Maine? Like, what area in central Maine? [/QUOTEI

The Augusta area.

17. Member
    [QUOTE=Riley-Maine;10635286]
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    That's awesome man. Whereabouts in Maine? Like, what area in central Maine? [/QUOTEI

The Augusta area.

we have a camp on cobbosseecontee but closed for the season now

wish camp was still open to target the smallies and big largies feeding for winter lol

up in Monmouth a lot during spring summer and fall
    2019 RANGER 198P DUAL CONSOLE

The Gun Parlor

18. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    My slump continues put in another 4 hours yesterday without so much as a tap or bite had 1 follow about 2 1/2 to 3 lb but wouldn't commit or comeback...lol that's 4 trips in a row and all I got to show for it was a pic and a short and 1 keeper that got off at the boat....lol Skeeter102 why do you close your camp so early fishing should have been great the last month or so up there????

Al try to fish a slow moving river near you. They tend to be more consistent this time of year. I went out last week and got 27 bass on crank baits in the river.

Water here took a serious and fast nose dive in temp

photoupload

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast