Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Wow how fast did that happen Jerry ?? Friday temp was 46 will keep you posted next time I get out
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

It was 43 last week

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Wow how fast did that happen Jerry ?? Friday temp was 46 will keep you posted next time I get out
    No idea.. never fished that lake that late in the year .. not sure if it gets a ton of run off into the lake or what .. a different lake not far away the week before was high 40’s

Guides were instantly icing .. so fast that I thought I was getting crushed on a chatterbait lol

4. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Hang in there , no ice yet and still chasing a few and then will head to the cape that always stays open longer and big smallies….

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    No idea.. never fished that lake that late in the year .. not sure if it gets a ton of run off into the lake or what .. a different lake not far away the week before was high 40’s

Guides were instantly icing .. so fast that I thought I was getting crushed on a chatterbait lol
    A trick I was just taught is either bring some vaseline or get an extra thing of chapstick, and use either to put it all around your smallest guides. Water/ice won't be able to collect and ice over. I tried it this past Sunday and it worked perfectly. I found a thing of Vaseline chapstick at the gas station, grabbed that and just used my finger to spread it on the top 4 guides on my spinning rods, they never once iced over.

6. Member
    Went out after work today for 3 hours with my brother 2 bass each and a few perch. 43-44 degrees and still couldnt get jerkbait bite going. Got to go some where with clearer water for a good jerkbait bite, or it may get better after fish have few weeks to adjust.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

7. Banned
    If you were throwing into rather shallow area, Turn around and throw it out deep. They will come UP for it.

8. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Well 5 guys out this morning 38 degree water fished 4 hours and 1 guy stayed out for 8 and no one got a bass or even a fish lol not even a pickerel lol

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Well 5 guys out this morning 38 degree water fished 4 hours and 1 guy stayed out for 8 and no one got a bass or even a fish lol not even a pickerel lol
    makes me feel better I caught 2 pick's yesterday and then the rain started.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I'm heading out tues temps are said to be mid 50's so will give it another shot going to Plymouth to try a different pond...lol

11. Member
    Got out for a total of 2.5 hours on Saturday...skunked. Had one hell of a bite but the bastard only had the tail of my swimbait, came back with just the football jig and no bait. That was all we got for our short trip out.

I talked myself out of fishing on Sunday due to the weather. I don't have the greatest of gear to handle the cold AND that much rain. Wanted to go far north where apparently the storm didn't quite reach, but was worried about that long of a drive in the snow/sleet. Basically talked myself out of fishing yesterday, but at least for good reason, I had a lot of things that needed doing at home and I got most of them done.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing for the remainder of this season. I think I had maaaaybe 5 great days of fishing all season, and I started on March 17th. This has been the worst season of fishing for me in my life. I'm kind of burned out, and definitely lacking any confidence at this point.

12. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Well finally caught a few today along with some Calico and a pickerel but at least got the skunk out of the boat....water was 43 to 44 in Plymouth today

13. Member
    You just needed to get out of long pond for a day. That place can be so tough it gets so much pressure.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Yup. A 6+, a 5+ and a few smaller ones just down the road last weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12