Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sending boat back to Ranger for refurbishing during the winter

I know this has been discussed many times over so sorry for asking again. Can someone who has already sent their boat back to Ranger for refurbishing provide some help on how the process is accomplished.

My 2001 520 vx needs a new trailer, new gel coat and poly, new seats, carpet, live-well pumps and all new wires redone. I know I am looking at a lot of money here but how do I go about getting an estimate for this work. Do I call Ranger and speak with someone or do I drop it off at a dealer and have them work up something before shipping it down the road.

Thank for your input.
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    There was a thread here last month that said to call the service department at Ranger. Here’s another fairly recent thread that I found through the forum search. It has additional details about cost, timing, etc.:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ferrerid=39498
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

If you have it done, post some before and after pics so we can see the difference.

4. Member
    might see what trade in value is before getting that done? maybe a cheaper route to upgrade?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    I’m going to be honest here, if the refurb work they did on my boat at the factory this spring is any indicator of what will be done to your boat, I’d get a new boat.... the fiberglass repairs done to my boat are so bad I’m having to carry to a local shop to get fixed.